News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Disk Brakes without Brake Booster--how to convert Questions???

Started by johnjb, July 08, 2006, 11:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnjb

I have decided to get rid of the drum brake booster on my 70 Charger.  I just completed a disk brake conversion, but it appears the rebuilt booster is not working correctly and I don't want to mess around with it anymore.

I have a couple a questions in removing the booster and attaching the MC to the firewall.

I know I will need an adjustable pushrod.

----but do I need to drill four new holes in the firewall for the MC,

----do I keep the steel plate which is on the firewall which the booster attached too?

---I have two new Master Cly, one has a 1 1/8 inch bore and the other has a 1 1/32 bore--which would be best?

Thanks for the help-

mopar1968

Quote from: johnjb on July 08, 2006, 11:27:55 AM
I have decided to get rid of the drum brake booster on my 70 Charger.  I just completed a disk brake conversion, but it appears the rebuilt booster is not working correctly and I don't want to mess around with it anymore.

I have a couple a questions in removing the booster and attaching the MC to the firewall.

I know I will need an adjustable pushrod.

----but do I need to drill four new holes in the firewall for the MC,

----do I keep the steel plate which is on the firewall which the booster attached too?

---I have two new Master Cly, one has a 1 1/8 inch bore and the other has a 1 1/32 bore--which would be best?

Thanks for the help-

I'm going through similar issues right now.  Except my kit included the booster and Master cylinder for your car it seams....  As soon as I can determine what I need to do with a post next to yours, I might have the correct booster and mc for your car and available for sale.  That would save you the trouble of redrilling your car and also give you power brakes.  Let's see who replies to our threads.....

COKE

You don,t need an adjustable pushrod.Other thin is that the pushrod availables in the market are all adjustable.Sometimes is necesary to trim them because they are too long.
I have a non adjustable pushrod from an  manual brakes b-body car  mounted on an original from factory power disc brakes b-body and it works fine.

The firewall plates are different,but you can trim the power one to fit with the maual brakes.
You don,t need to drill nothing in the firewall.Just to get the correct manual plate or modify the one you have.
69´Charger R/T,440 ,4-speed,Dana 60 3.55.