News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need intake and carb input

Started by darkside, July 04, 2006, 10:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

694spdRT

Darkside, sorry for the hi jack.

My heads are heavily ported(used max wedge intake gaskets) so I would imagine that will hurt low end power as well. Perhaps that manifold will give me more on the top end as it does seem to come on hard and then flatten out somewhat. It is not bad but it does seem like there should be more there. 

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

70daytonaclone

HI I have a 3698444-1 manifold on my73  44o charger SE  car. I don't thinks its an hp engine. the privious owner told me that the hp motor blew along time ago. could I replace this with a Eddy manifold? I am looking for weight savings and alittle more bottom torque.  I have a stock drive line cam thermoquad 727 and 323 suregrip/ I want to use stock orange one snorkel breather and still have hood clearence. which alloy intake will do this? thanks for any help. also this car has a giant( I believe it might be a hemi style) muffler and a resinator with a screw on rally tip. where can I get exhaust parts to match for the right side?  thanks for any help my charger brothers, 73 44o charger SE strong nom 44o triple black, 1.5 miles from my house bought off SCUMBAY only 2 bidders won at 1525 $$$ Charger or no CAR :icon_smile_big:

firefighter3931

Quote from: 70daytonaclone on July 09, 2006, 11:14:26 AM
HI I have a 3698444-1 manifold on my73  44o charger SE  car. I don't thinks its an hp engine. the privious owner told me that the hp motor blew along time ago. could I replace this with a Eddy manifold? I am looking for weight savings and alittle more bottom torque.  I have a stock drive line cam thermoquad 727 and 323 suregrip/ I want to use stock orange one snorkel breather and still have hood clearence. which alloy intake will do this? thanks for any help. also this car has a giant( I believe it might be a hemi style) muffler and a resinator with a screw on rally tip. where can I get exhaust parts to match for the right side?  thanks for any help my charger brothers, 73 44o charger SE strong nom 44o triple black, 1.5 miles from my house bought off SCUMBAY only 2 bidders won at 1525 $$$ Charger or no CAR :icon_smile_big:

The Performer will do what you're looking for. The small runner design will increase bottom end power (torque) but will limit the top end charge. The motor will be all done by 5000 rpm....but with a stock cam/low compression engine...it's done anyway (at that engine speed). The aluminum casting will also save some weight.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs