News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tranny cooler recommendations

Started by steves66, June 30, 2006, 02:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steves66

I am looking at the B&M stacked series, but wondering how tight they will be. I already have an A/C condenser in front of the rad. Where would one mount the larger B&M coolers?

firefighter3931

Hi Steve, would it be possible to mount the cooler in front of the condenser ? Basicly, it should be mounted in front of the rad so that the fan can pull air through it and the rad at the same time. The other option would be to mount it elsewhere and have an electric fan with a thermostatic switch kick on as needed.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

is_it_EVER_done?

Those B&M plate units are really nice, and extremely efficient for their size. Deraile makes some that are just as good.

They fit perfectly between the radiator and A/C condenser if you want a "stealth" fit, otherwise in front of the condenser is best for trans cooling.

On my Ford truck, I use two. One behind the condenser, and one in front. I also bypass the radiator cooler completely, but I live in an exceptionally hot climate, and such extremes are not necessary in a cooler climate, or anywhere that has cold winters.

steves66

Yes I do have enough room to mount it in front of the condenser. I didn't know if that would hurt cooling performance having them stacked 3 deep.

firefighter3931

If you've got room mount it in front of the condenser. I also run the trans cooler as a stand alone unit, bypassing the rad completely like "Is it ever done" in the previous post. No problems, ever....doing it this way. The engine temps drop as well when bypassing the built in trans cooler in the radiator which is a nice side benefit.

Definately get the B&M stacked plate supercooler and a deep pan for the trans. Mp carries a deep pan for ~ $50.00 and it's worth getting !   :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs