News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Nats pics

Started by Troy, August 16, 2005, 11:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Here's a few member's cars. More pics can be found here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v375/switchstancebrdr/MoparNats/2005/

Hemigeno trying to remain inconspicuous and "blend in"...  :icon_smile_tongue:

Be sure to ask him about the upcoming magazine feature!

Ying was there - I actually spotted his Charger before Gene:

471_Magnum I believe(?):

G-Series "Watermelon" Daytona:

Moparjohn's sunroof 69:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

Other ones that I liked...

First car I saw:

MM1 Bronze Hemi 68 4-speed!

Troy

4cruzin

Here is the car I liked that you missed Troy and a link to my pics on cc.com.   Sorry but mostly e-bodies.     :shruggy:

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/smf/index.php?topic=13184.0
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Lightning

I like that red '68! too bad I couldn't be there.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Troy

Dangit! You posted too quick 4C... :D

I can't believe that I forgot to take pics of 4cruzin's car. However, I had a blast riding around in it! Thanks!

Here's a few pics of it at Carlisle though:

Troy

SeattleCharger

Cool cars, thanks for posting pictures of them. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Spike

Quote from: Troy on August 16, 2005, 11:07:15 PM

Troy

This one is mine. Just thought you might like to know  :icon_smile_big:

4402tuff4u

Thanks for the pictures! Beautiful cars - wow!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

ying

1968 Charger R/T
440 auto
Purple w/silver stripes
3:91
slotted mags

Shakey

Thanks for the photos.  Some really nice looking cars there.

I liked hemigeno's set up!

Telvis

My son really liked the truck Hemigeno has.

Troy

Quote from: Spike on August 17, 2005, 04:30:22 AM
Quote from: Troy on August 16, 2005, 11:07:15 PM

Troy

This one is mine. Just thought you might like to know  :icon_smile_big:

I thought it was yours but I didn't want to post that unless I knew for sure. I was looking at your pics on the 70 Registry site and thought it looked familiar.

Troy

hemigeno

Thanks for posting the pic, Troy!  Just wait 'till Danny (69_500) sees that you didn't even mention his ride sitting in front of mine!!   :stirthepot:

Shakey, Telvis, glad you guys liked the truck.  A lot of folks yawned and walked by the HemiCharger sitting on the back, but spent lots of time looking the truck over.  Something different, I suppose...

I had my digital camera in the glovebox, and to my shame, I didn't pull it out all weekend. 

generalfan01

any one have any more pics of the "walter melon " daytona? thats cool

hemigeno

Quote from: generalfan01 on August 17, 2005, 08:53:01 AM
any one have any more pics of the "walter melon " daytona? thats cool

There are a few more of them in:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,1069.0.html

You might also try the Dayclona Enterprises site:

http://www.dayclona.com

Charger_Fan

Geez, this one looks like a sleeper for sure...or was it tubbed in the rear? From this shot, they seem to have done a good job on it.

Hey Geno, I was thinking maybe next year, you should load the Charger on backwards, the roll the bed off (I assume it rolls off) so the Charger's pointed nose-down. That would be a cool display for a HEMI car, I think. :icon_smile_big:

Thanks for all the pics, you guys! :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemigeno

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 17, 2005, 01:40:24 PM
Hey Geno, I was thinking maybe next year, you should load the Charger on backwards, the roll the bed off (I assume it rolls off) so the Charger's pointed nose-down. That would be a cool display for a HEMI car, I think. :icon_smile_big:

You're right, that would look cool, and I had given that some serious thought before I loaded up for the trip out to Columbus.   But, I worried about having the engine and tranny fluid up against the gaskets/seals for extended periods of time.   It would probably seep/leak out and cause me some problems.   For a few minutes wouldn't be a problem, but I wouldn't leave it there the whole day like that.   Depending on how flat the ground is where the bed is extended, the angle of the bed is between an 11% and 14% grade.   That's steep enough to put the engine oil up against the main seal and timing chain cover, plus the tranny fluid would be up against its front seal, which could oil down my clutch & pressure plate if it leaked.

Even if I did that, I would not be able to have it turned around though while going down the road.   One thing about using a rollback, is that you don't haul a car with the engine towards the back with a rig like mine (where the car is pretty-much centered over the rear axle).   If I would hit a fairly large bump, the weight of the engine on the back of the bed could conceivably pick the front end of the truck slightly off the ground, or if nothing else take a whole lot of the weight off the steering axle.   JerrDan (the manufacturer of the rollback bed) does NOT want me to haul something on there backwards.

Having the car positioned the way I did at least allowed a few people who asked and wanted to clamber on up there to look at the engine.

Last year when I took the Daytona chassis up to the Monster Mopar show, I did turn it around backwards and had the bed out/tilted for the whole day.   There's no engine or tranny in that car, so both the weight and leak issues were of no concern.  

I know that's a long-winded answer, but I really did think about exactly what you suggested for a long time before I decided to ride out the way I did.

Charger_Fan

Gotcha. I thought you may have thought of that already, but figured I'd throw it in there in case you hadn't.
I don't blame you for being worried about oil leaks, you're probably right about the possibility of leaks...I wouldn't want leaks either. :icon_smile_wink:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

73rallye440magnum

those are some cool pics. i love aar cudas.
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

Silver R/T

nice shots, thanks for sharing
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

tick68charger

cool you took a pic of my charger. Its the black 68 r/t with the whit stripes.

Troy

Quote from: tick68charger on August 23, 2005, 09:34:50 PM

You mean this one?

That was the first car I saw when I got there. Loved that car! Why didn't you come to any of the meeting places? I feel sooooo unwanted.....

Troy

mustanghater

can't wait till next year
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

MoparYoungGun

Cool pics, thanks for sharing!

tick68charger

Quote from: Troy on August 23, 2005, 10:47:39 PM
Quote from: tick68charger on August 23, 2005, 09:34:50 PM

You mean this one?

That was the first car I saw when I got there. Loved that car! Why didn't you come to any of the meeting places? I feel sooooo unwanted.....

Troy

I didnt know about the meeting places or I would of been there, I was just notified about the new site by e-mail not to long ago. But I will be there next year.  :icon_smile_cool: