News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whose 3rd Gen Torsion Bars Are Best

Started by parkerswede, June 27, 2006, 05:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkerswede

Same song, second verse. Am going to replace the torsion bars on my big block '72 Rallye. Any recommendations?

andyf

Umm, road race, street driving, drag racing???

parkerswede

Just street driving - nothing too wild. Has 400 big block in it.

andyf

The factory .920 bar is the minimum I'd put in a street driven big block car.  I'd probably go .960 or maybe even 1.000.  With good shocks (I do mean good shocks like Koni) and some radial tires you should have a nice ride and decent handling.  A sway bar will help things quite a bit.

parkerswede

Thanks Andy. I was thinking of going with .960 bars, good shocks like Koni and good performance tires. It has factory front and rear sway bars - so maybe a pretty good deal in the long run.

parkerswede

Where is a good place to buy torsion bars (are all torsion bars created equal)?

andyf

Your local Dodge dealer is the place to buy them.  Or call manicini racing, jegs, summit ,etc.  I believe that the Mopar Performance bars are the best ones to buy since they are forged, heat treated and pre-set twisted according to the factory specs.