News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help with 69 R/T standard spec wheels/tyres?

Started by garethgeezer, June 23, 2006, 05:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garethgeezer

Hi, this is my first post here - Unfortunately I can't afford a real one (I live in the UK where decent 69's cost £20k), so I am building a 3d computer model of a 1969 Charger R/T. I have great reference photos for most of it, but I am struggling with getting decent pictures of standard spec wheels (I want my model to be 100% factory stock). Does anyone have photos of the correct factory fitted wheels for a 1969 Charger 440 R/T? Ideally I need photos from all angles and also 'face on' so I can 'trace' the shape of the wheel in 3d. I also need photos of the correct tyres (and tread) that would have been fitted to the car when it was brand new. Can you help? Thanks!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Welcome to the site!

I just purchased a repro Good Year Polyglas Custom Wide Tread tire for my spare.   This would have been a tire style on the 69 R/T (could have also come with whitewalls)

Hope these help
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

garethgeezer

@ Just 6T9_CHGR.... - Thanks man! Those pics are really useful to me and it's great to have the name of the correct tyre too. I'm working on the trunk area right now so the shot of the spare fitted in place is just perfect. All I need now are some good pics of the hubcaps I guess. Thanks again!

694spdRT

Here are some pics of my hubcaps. I hope they are clear enough. The first 2 are the optional W15 deep dish caps. The last pic is a W11 hubcap.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

garethgeezer

@694spdRT - thanks, those are great photos. You've been very helpful :icon_smile_big: I really like those wheel trims and they'll be great fun to model in 3d.
I'd also like to find decent pics of this style too if possible: