News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should I talk him into selling it to me?

Started by HAZZARDJOHN, June 20, 2006, 12:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HAZZARDJOHN

Here is the story. My Buddy Jake is a Charger fanatic. I got him hooked when we were in grammar school with my DOH ways. He Knows very little about cars and usually hacks them up. (He is a Sheetmetal worker, so he fixes everything with ductwork and sheetemetal screws) Now He bought a Beautiful 74 Charger(cali car) a few years ago. Well in 03 he was struck By a drunk driver. The car looked bad, but it still ran and drove staight. Well after we took the fender and hood off it really wasn't that bad. Now three years later, after he was going to rebuild it, it sits, as he buy one stupid other car after another. He just bought a 78 Cordoba for 3000 bucks because it has T-tops! Well I am sick of watching it sit there when it could have at least been easily in primer buy now. He is Impatiant and can't see the forest for the trees.

Now Should I try and talk him into selling it to me so that I can save this car from sitting until it is no longer good to anybody?

Here are some before pics:

After:

It is not as bad as it looks strucurally, The core support is junk, but the inner fendr is just lightly bent and my frame guy says he can easily pull it straight. With the fender completely gon on one side and there on the other it kinda makes it look worse.

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

terrible one

I think it mostly depends on how much he will sell it to you for. To me, it looks like a really nice car besides the damage.

HAZZARDJOHN

Quote from: terrible one on June 20, 2006, 12:43:48 PM
I think it mostly depends on how much he will sell it to you for. To me, it looks like a really nice car besides the damage.

I am thinking $1500 he already made $7000 from the insurance company as well as $6000 from the settlement with the drunk driver for his back that cost him a lot of work for a year. I think that is fair. I think I could get it into primer for 2K so maybe 5K for the car in total including the rebuild.

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

2fast4u

That's what I'd do John.....................

..........................Go for it!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

HAZZARDJOHN

I think I am going to try! maybe I can appeal to his love of chargers and that it would better for me to fix it than to let it die. Who knows. I think I'll give it a try.

~HJ

Blown70

Quote from: HAZZARDJOHN on June 20, 2006, 01:32:12 PM
I think I am going to try! maybe I can appeal to his love of chargers and that it would better for me to fix it than to let it die. Who knows. I think I'll give it a try.

~HJ

Heck give it a try can not hurt to ask..... Give him a few beers and throw some cash under his nose. :devil:

BigBlockSam

go get it man! save that charger, good luck
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

plum500

That's a nice lookin Charger.... can't hurt to try.... and save it from just sittin there... :thumbs:

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport