News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

San Diego??? Anyone know this car?

Started by doctorpimp, June 08, 2006, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorpimp

My wife is in the process of buying this car from a Navy man in San Diego.  Does anyone know this car???  Any info would be appreciated  :icon_smile_big:

Big Lebowski?  Dude??

'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Big Lebowski

Never seen it before. It may belong to someone in the San Diego Mopar club?  :shruggy:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

doctorpimp

Quote from: Big Lebowski on June 08, 2006, 09:08:03 PM
  Never seen it before. It may belong to someone in the San Diego Mopar club?  :shruggy:
I don't know!?  He's owned the car for 4 years, but being a Navy Submariner he's been away alot!!!
He being transferred to Hawaii so he needed to sell...

doctorpimp

Here's the specs:
1966 Barracuda
360 MP short block
edelbrock heads (Indy Cyl Head Port job)
roller rockers
mopar m1 single plane intake
750 speed demon carb
hedman headers
be cool aluminum radiator
keisler tremec tko 5-speed
hydraulic clutch
chrysler 8 3/4 rear 3.55 sure-grip
yukon axles
wilwood all wheel disc brakes

Big Lebowski

It looks fast and clean from the pics.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

doctorpimp

Quote from: Big Lebowski on June 08, 2006, 09:34:24 PM
It looks fast and clean from the pics.
I think so too..
I'm so happy for my wife!  And, I'll get a chance to drive it too  :icon_smile_big:
At least she didn't buy the El Camino she was looking at  :o

Big Lebowski

Ya it's nice, I guess the only thing better is a stroked 360 which is a 402 or 412 can't remember. :icon_smile_big:

Duey

Paul, that is one sweet looking little car!  You and the Mrs. will look really cute cruisin' down to Sassy's!  ;D

Cheers,
Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

doctorpimp

Quote from: Duey on June 08, 2006, 10:45:33 PM
Paul, that is one sweet looking little car!  You and the Mrs. will look really cute cruisin' down to Sassy's!  ;D

Cheers,
Duey
Hell yeah  :icon_smile_big:

mikepmcs

Doc
the only thing I can say to you about the car is this.  If this guy is a submariner, then he is probably wicked smart and anal and meticulous, which in this case is a good thing because that means he showed pride in owning this car and probably took very good care of it.  I'm in the Navy as well(aviation side)  and I've noticed that guys who have the older cars always try to keep them pretty cherry.  Unlike the newer sailors with the newer stuff, they just trash it or put coffee cans on for muffler, etc....
I would venture to say you won't get any unpleasant surprises.  Let me know if I was wrong.
And you should leave the dice, i have a set in my 55.
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

doctorpimp

Nice.  Thanks Mike.
I wasn't afraid of this car at all. He knows what he's talking about and being an E6, he's not a young snot nosed newbee.  He's been handling the transaction with the military exactness (that you describe and) I'm used to myself (Cdn Army).
He is happy that it's going to another serviceperson ( my wife is Army as well)  :icon_smile_cool:
I felt bad that he has to sell his car, but not sorry for him going to Hawaii  :icon_smile_big:

For sure, the dice are staying...

MassCharger73

Nice looking car ! The only thing I see that might need to be addressed is the single reservoir master cylinder.
1973 Charger

doctorpimp

Quote from: MassCharger73 on June 09, 2006, 02:04:50 PM
Nice looking car ! The only thing I see that might need to be addressed is the single reservoir master cylinder.
I'm with you on that!
It's got Wilwood discs all around and an adjustable propotioning valve, but that old M Cyl... :icon_smile_cool:

doctorpimp

Here's a couple more pics:

Arthu®

Cool car, especially with the 5 speed. Your wife should be really proud of it, it is a very nice Mopar.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

doctorpimp

Thanks Arthur!
It was mostly done by that sailor and his dad.
My wife is VERY excited.
:icon_smile_big:

doctorpimp

It's due to arrive the 1st of July !!!
Very fitting considering that's Canada Day (our national birthday) and it's red and white (like our flag).
:icon_smile_cool: