News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I assume a Superbird clone would be easier than a Daytona, no?

Started by bull, June 01, 2006, 01:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Is it easier to build a Superbird clone than a Daytona clone? I just assume it would be because of the rear window issue and there possibly being more donor car models available. Is that the case?

Jon Smith

you'd still have to do the back window
but you'd probably be putting a vynil roof over the bodywork though

THE CHARGER PUNK

it would be loads easier, u still have to put a plug in if u want 2, but u dont have 2 modify the trunk or anything, you could always not put a plug in and slap a black vinyl roof and it wouldnt really make a difference,it isnt really noticeable unless u have the car side by side a real bird, so yes a bird is easier 2 build but parts for the nose are a little harder 2 find-MATT

hotrod98

At this point I'm guessing that you guys have never converted a Coronet hood for a Superbird. In addition, the top front ridge of the fenders have to be altered to match the nose as well as having the bottom tab altered. In my opinion, the Superbirds are slightly more work than the Daytonas.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

bull

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 01, 2006, 04:22:28 PM
At this point I'm guessing that you guys have never converted a Coronet hood for a Superbird. In addition, the top front ridge of the fenders have to be altered to match the nose as well as having the bottom tab altered. In my opinion, the Superbirds are slightly more work than the Daytonas.

I haven't done either. That's why I'm asking.

Ghoste

Sounds to me like one is more work in the front and the other needs more difficult alterations at the rear.

THE CHARGER PUNK

u geta 70 coronet fiberglass hood and geta a fiberglass bird filler panel, not hard cut, glass, done. ;D

hotrod98

There will never be a fiberglass hood on one of my cars... well maybe my 69 superbee...and maybe my 69 runner, but other than that...no...never. ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

WINGMAN

If you do the rear windo plug you will NEVER find the trim, At least on a Daytona you can modify regular charger trim to work, And a regular 70 charger hood works fine. Daytona clones i think are easer to build. :icon_smile_cool:  JR.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

69_500

I think it a toss up. I think that a Superbird rear window trim piece is makable. There are people who could make one if necessary. It would cost you though. Is there really a need to clone a Superbird though? I mean they built nearly 2,000 in 1970. Plenty to go around. The Daytona's they made 503, plenty to go around. Now the C500's is where the clones should be, not very many of them to go around. :)

JK>

nascarxx29

For the superbird top chrome trim .It was either the left or right side .I was able to duplicate from a regular b body back window trim.By shortening and slight filing.By using a original dented piece as a guide .For the bottom pieces thats the problem
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip