News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

6 pak help needed

Started by poppa, September 16, 2024, 11:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Hi all , I'll save you the ramblings that got me to this point. I rebuilt my 6 pak (440) and now when trying to start it , when you let go of the key and it doesn't start ,,fuel comes out of the tube circled in red and some leakage at the gasket in blue. 3 new rebuild kits , 2ended up being pretty cheap. New needle and seat's , went back to old one , same thing. All Holley gaskets now.  All fittings/screws tight. Second gasket , all looked ok on body and block.
Other things done , headers wrapped , new 440 Source heads , new gaskets , bolts , etc. Thanks for taking the time to look
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

timmycharger

Are you able to confirm that the floats are moving freely? Sounds like a stuck float for it to come out of the vent. With the bowls off, you should be able to get the floats relatively close and then make final adjustments with the engine running and the sight screws removed unless you have clear ones.

poppa

Thanks for the quick reply. Thats what I thought. Tried it with a new needle and seat and the old one. Same thing. I will start taking it apart again tonight. Weird , it just comes out when I stop turning it over.

b5blue

Set bowl fuel height to just dribbling out sight and re-test.

poppa

b5blue

poppa

What size squirters ?

b5blue

Bone stock factory aluminum 70 6BBL. (Sold to buy aluminum heads and A/C about 8 years ago.)