News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Dodge Charger white hat special???

Started by duo-stripe, May 31, 2006, 03:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

It could depend on the year as well.  I have seen the White Hat and the Birthday Package for the 67 models advertised at a little more but as I said, I'm not sure if the packages made it any more attractive to prospective buyers than the vinyl could as a stand alone feature.

duo-stripe

some more pics!
Me fixin'the carb
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

duo-stripe

some more....
including a pic of MoPargirl!

hemi68charger

Well Hello Lizzy...............

I'm glad you have Marcel now.. I was starting to worry about food here at the house and the funny ways he was looking at my Charger parts...... Funny looks aren't bad, as long as he's doing them in your direction.......     :icon_smile_big:

nice '68 there.......... 

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

duo-stripe

Hey boy!
thanks for that T! And nooooo I didn't steal any hemi-parts from your garage...nooo  ;)

Marcel

Brock Samson

Lizzy

Troy... Watch out with Marcel... before you know it, he steals all your parts and stuffs 'em in that big black suitcase ...    :icon_smile_evil:
By the way... did he steal that carb from you?  :icon_smile_wink:
No, he had a great time over there... nice to see the pictures and the film he made! Some great cars you have in the USA... can I come too next year?  :lol:

Glad you like my car... I like her too... very much...  :drool5:   '68 rules...  ;D 

duo-stripe

thanks honey...for makin' me look like some kinda Al Capone.. ( Troy...i DID behave good didn't I?  :-\ )
It was a perfect holiday indeed....but Troy...next year I won't be coming alone!

Lizzy

Not only a Capone... also a Don Juan... who's going with you then?  :flame:

duo-stripe

eehm......honey...I was only thinking of you.....otherwise I have to look at the moon alone... :'(

Ghoste

Lizzy

Alaskan_TA

Ad for 1969 Charger White Hat Special;

Brock Samson

ok i was confused..
again  :P

nice lookin ride,.. i'd drive it as it is..

duo-stripe

it'll stay as it is for now....But as it isn't the original paint anymore it will be painted again in the nearby future. But first fix it technically and drive it!

69 Charger SE

This topic has been interesting.  My 69 was built in August of 68 and it came with the White viynal top, the deep dish wheel covers, the white wall tires which were all considered a part of the A41 White Hat special.  However my car was not badged as an A41 (not sure if they did this later in the build year or not).  The other side of it is - my car is an SE which came with all those options also.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Chris G. on June 01, 2006, 01:54:38 PM
Quote from: DodgeChargerNeeded on June 01, 2006, 01:38:33 PM
My brother had a 69 White Hat Special and I've always heard that it was a 1969 sales pitch only. Just because it has a white top doesn't make it a "White Hat"

:iagree:

Is there a code on the tag for this special, or was it a dealer offer only?

I'll jump on an old thread too...

I'm not sure about the tag but I don't think it was coded.  I can find a spot on a 68 BS for the 350 code but I don't see where it would be coded on a 67 sheet. Possibly window sitcker only in 67?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Ghoste

67 should be the same code as for 68 on the BS.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Ghoste on August 28, 2006, 03:52:07 AM
67 should be the same code as for 68 on the BS.

Ghoste, I wrote I can't find a place for the 350 code on the '67 BS. There is a 35- box available on the 68 sheet under SPL. PKGS. for the code. Where on the '67 BS would it be coded?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.