News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger I looked at today in a barn

Started by Blue Pentastar, May 29, 2006, 10:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Pentastar

Ok first there are no pictures because it is actually in a old barn no lights. Best I can tell the frame rails apear to be solid (took flashlight) floorpans are as follows front drivers side has 1 foot square patch already installed not professionally done but ok I guess. The floor under the rear passenger seat is rusted out (see thru) some rust around rear window Not as bad as alot I have seen. Blue interior what was left of it Black vinyl top long gone and blue b7 Exterior not much left of paint. 318 auto with floor shift pwer steering and motor is there but of course someone dismantled the front down to the timing chain and then left it. No radiator no usable grill Seats are wrong and console is wrong one. Front fenders and hood are beat but the rest looks pretty straight. I don't know my wife thinks I'm crazy but I think it could have some possibilities. Not an true resto but maybe a street/strip drag car. That front clip is what worries me the most. Ok the kicker it is under $2000 and has the option of coming with a title if I am willing to wait a couple of weeks. What is your opinions? 

Sorry about no pictures but it was just to dark in there for my digital camera and not enough room to back and snap anything but the back end.

Mike Schrader
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

Skyview69

buy it. you can always sell it for more than that!

doctorpimp

'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

blackcharger

well you didn't say anything about the back end...1/4s, trunk floor, rear frames. The most expensive part to replace from what you mentioned will be the grill, then the fenders. As long as the back end is fairly solid, I'd say buy it.

Dave

Blue Pentastar

Good news my wife says she salvaged a few of the pictures she took yesterday. I will try to get her to resize them tonight and I will attach them. I have a complete grille assembly in storage and the rear frames apear to be solid. what you can tell with a mag light in a dirt floor barn. The rear quarters will need some patching but are mostly ok.

Mike
04 Chrysler 300M Special

Blown70

Well from what you stated.  You will not find anything much cheaper..... that is useable.

Tom

ChargerRob

Buy It  :thumbs:  or you will regret it later   :brickwall:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tan top

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on May 30, 2006, 03:29:03 PM
Buy it & register it ;)

:iagree:    buy it you will regret it if you don't,   buy it    buy it  :smash:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bull

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on May 30, 2006, 03:29:03 PM
Buy it & register it ;)

I thought the standard response was, "Did you get the VIN?" Chris says get the VIN first before you do anything else. :icon_smile_cool:

mikepmcs

buy that bad boy and get some pics up here  :smash: :smash: :smash:
my buddy who works for verizon runs all the back roads in maine and calls me all the time about cars now.  so far a bird(not for sale), coronet, and 2 chargers, one 73(i had a post with pics up earlier this month cause i went to look at it and tried to help the guy sell it, i'm not a 3rd gen guy..... although they are nice too) :icon_smile_big:
and a 77 I think rotting in to the ground.  I'm waiting for the day he finds a 2nd out there and i'm making a u turn or leaving work or whatever i gotta do to check it out.  He doesn't know much about cars but he knows what mine looks like and that's what he's looking for.
v/r
mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

rare69

BUY IT! or at least let a charger lovin guy in on a good deal.

Blue Pentastar

Here is the pictures she took they came out pretty good considering the location.
04 Chrysler 300M Special

Blue Pentastar

04 Chrysler 300M Special

4cruzin

That doesn't look too bad . . .  :yesnod:  Alittle buffing and it'll look pretty good!   :icon_smile_big:  So did you get the VIN??   :icon_smile_shy:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

BigBlockSam

you won't really know how the body is until you media blast it. alot of work. but for the rite price . it would be a worth while project. lotsa work. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69charger2002

here's my random guess.. XP29F9B288407

i don't know. i'm bored
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

blackcharger

well, from your pics I see the following:
drivers fender, maybe passenger, passenger inner fender, body shop maybe able to straighten, rad support, windshield, back glass. And interior. But the rest looks solid. How's the trunk floor?
Does look like a good deal.

blackcharger

Mike DC

A '69 that's as complete as that one, with solid framerails & has a legit title?  I don't see how you could possibly go wrong for $2000. 

If you don't wanna fix it now, then buy it sell it to a buddy.  Or just sit on it for a couple of years until you can buy the fenders & grille plastic reproduced. 

Blue Pentastar

close it is XP29F9B284403

I will list the fender tag info later I forgot all about it.

I think I got the wife talked in to it.

Mike Schrader
04 Chrysler 300M Special

Wakko

I love the rare air cooled option.  ;)  If it were me, I'd buy it and resell it...that's a FULL resto for that car.   I see the '70 seats in it, how's the dash?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

TruckDriver

Quote from: Wakko on May 31, 2006, 03:28:51 PM
If it were me, I'd buy it and resell it...that's a FULL resto for that car.

Not if HALPIG bought it. Just a freash coat of paint and wha La! :P

I'd buy it for the price myself. I'm still pissed at myself for selling my '69 that I had.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

That front end is pretty hammered. :o It will probably have to go on a frame rack to straighten some of that stuff up front. The worst news is all the missing parts. If you buy it I'd make sure you don't pay more than $1500. If nothing else you could buy it and sit on it for 10 years.

Big Lebowski

If that were in my neighborhood, I might pay $2000 or so for it. Lose the boat anchor 318, get a HEMI, and since you need both fenders and a hood, I'd go with a '70 front end, along with a Daytona nose and wing. $35,000 later, you'd make $75,000-$85,000.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."