News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Color 440 Magnum Pie Plate is right ?

Started by Challenger340, March 04, 2022, 07:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

OK I'm stumped.... what Color "440 Magnum" Pie Plate should be on a Nov/1968 Build Date Charger R/T ?

RED.... or Orange ?

The reason I ask is seems some controversy as to 'when' Mopar made the switch from Red to Orange ?

Some say late 1968 built '69 Model Chargers had the "Red" Pie Plate ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

68RT440

I've always heard that all '68s were red, then red continued about midway through '69 and then switched to orange, then all of '70 was orange...not sure if that's true but it makes sense...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

hemigeno

Most of the unrestored, low-mileage Daytonas (which are all late 1969 model year cars) that I recall seeing were wearing red pie tins.  It's generally accepted that either red or orange is "correct", but you're on super-solid ground with red.

:Twocents:

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Challenger340 on March 04, 2022, 07:55:22 PM
OK I'm stumped.... what Color "440 Magnum" Pie Plate should be on a Nov/1968 Build Date Charger R/T ?

RED.... or Orange ?

The reason I ask is seems some controversy as to 'when' Mopar made the switch from Red to Orange ?

Some say late 1968 built '69 Model Chargers had the "Red" Pie Plate ?

My early Nov 68 St. Louis built 1969 Coronet R/T had the red pie pan.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

6bblgt

Challenger340

Thx very much fella's.... and the RED one it will be !
Only wimps wear Bowties !