News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger Trunk Mat

Started by charge70, August 18, 2021, 10:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge70

Has anyone seen a 70 Charger with a factory installed tan plaid trunk mat? I saw a survivor at carlisle a few years back had one and the sample I kept from my car is tan plaid,but all the repro vendors are saying it should be gray herringbone? I just want to purchase the correct one. Thanks,John.

69bfan

Another thing to take into consideration is the manufacturer.  The ACC mat unless something has changed over the past year is cut like the other B-Bodies in that it does not extend up into the shock tower area.  The REM mats actually extends up into that area much like the OEM mats did.  The ACC mats typically are more correct in the coloring.

Typically, as your discovering, the more common coloring for the 70 Charger trunk mat was the gray herringbone.  But if it was a early production car, it could very well have one of the mats left over from the 69 model year production.  Also, with Chrysler having two to three vendors for these lines, the manufacturers will supply what they have in stock.  There is no rhyme to reason on what came in a car from what I have seen.

That is the problem in that we only carry the rubber mats and then for some car lines, you have different sizes depending upon the car line. So it can take up a small fortune and space to inventory the various mat configurations.  I would also suggest to not go with the vinyl mats if your looking for originality.  They are basically a printed shower curtain.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com