News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interesting trip to Yr1 this morning.

Started by twilt, May 23, 2006, 10:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilt

Needed to pick up a few items, so i took a ride up there this morning. Planned to get some hog rings for the new orange/black 71 RR  covers that i am putting in one of my 72`s, new black seat backs, and a few other small items.
black seat backs.....Quanity on hand -17. "If you pay for them today, you`ll probably get them in August". "We might be switching suppliers"- yeah right...... like there is more than one supplier.........................
Air Grabber switch bezel..... Quanity on hand -9, might be able to get that one to you in 3 weeks or so.
Not all was lost, they did have the hog rings.
Seriously, every time i go up there it gets worse. 10 years ago, i used to go over to their old location in Tucker, GA and they almost always had everything i needed in stock. Anymore, I`m lucky to get 1/2 of what i go up there for.
The girl at the counter was nice and apologetic. Even attempted to hand me a business card for Stephens Performance in Alabama :image_294343:  As i reached to take the card from her, i saw the name on it and quickly pulled my arm back.  Sorry, i may be dumb but i aint stupid. I don`t need a $400 set of used seat backs.  ::)

The Ghoul

Quote from: twilt on May 23, 2006, 10:08:43 PM
Needed to pick up a few items, so i took a ride up there this morning. Planned to get some hog rings for the new orange/black 71 RR  covers that i am putting in one of my 72`s, new black seat backs, and a few other small items.
black seat backs.....Quanity on hand -17. "If you pay for them today, you`ll probably get them in August". "We might be switching suppliers"- yeah right...... like there is more than one supplier.........................
Air Grabber switch bezel..... Quanity on hand -9, might be able to get that one to you in 3 weeks or so.
Not all was lost, they did have the hog rings.
Seriously, every time i go up there it gets worse. 10 years ago, i used to go over to their old location in Tucker, GA and they almost always had everything i needed in stock. Anymore, I`m lucky to get 1/2 of what i go up there for.
The girl at the counter was nice and apologetic. Even attempted to hand me a business card for Stephens Performance in Alabama :image_294343:  As i reached to take the card from her, i saw the name on it and quickly pulled my arm back.  Sorry, i may be dumb but i aint stupid. I don`t need a $400 set of used seat backs.  ::)

ten years ago I was wrenching on my first car and it sure as heck wasnt mopar.
Why I bring that up?
There are way more people looking for these cars and way more of them being restored now.
Sign of the times I guess.
Though that is horrable busness.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

twilt

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 23, 2006, 11:19:05 PM
should've taken pic of a girl
I said she was nice......I didn`t say she was HOT.

PocketThunder

Quote from: twilt on May 24, 2006, 06:42:33 AM

but the older we get the lower our standards get so take a chance, we wont scold you. :laugh:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 24, 2006, 09:12:13 AM

but the older we get the lower our standards get so take a chance, we wont scold you. :laugh:

in my youth (still there)  I learned you can lower your standards greatly...                                  then  just turn off the lights
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

The Ghoul

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 24, 2006, 12:11:00 PM

in my youth (still there)  I learned you can lower your standards greatly...                                  then  just turn off the lights
Never had as much fun with skinny chicks as I do with fatties  :devil:

MassCharger73

1973 Charger

Arthu®

Quote from: The Ghoul on May 24, 2006, 12:22:20 PM

Poor excuse for when you can't get them :P
Striving for world domination since 1986

The Ghoul

Quote from: 68-70 Charger on May 24, 2006, 02:12:11 PM
Quote from: The Ghoul on May 24, 2006, 12:22:20 PM

Poor excuse for when you can't get them :P
I've had em all shapes sizes colors and verities and I gotta say you have to find the ones that used to be skinny popular that has chunked out a bit and has been lonely for about 5ish years... Those are the ones that are the most fun!!
Oh and you gotta give a 'dark' girl a shot once. I never understood why some one would put up with such a bitch .... I know now why!

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

twilt

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on May 24, 2006, 05:15:46 PM
Ahh....Twilt you were saying? ::)

I was saying that this post is a good example of why that someone who starts a thread ought to be able to delete it.

The Ghoul

Quote from: twilt on May 24, 2006, 05:52:29 PM
Quote from: Goldfinger71 on May 24, 2006, 05:15:46 PM
Ahh....Twilt you were saying? ::)

I was saying that this post is a good example of why that someone who starts a thread ought to be able to delete it.
young punk kids like us hogging all the parts and yr1 not being able to cope.
Lets discuss

ChargerHound69

WOW!!

All this started with a trip to Year One. :-\

twilt

Quote from: The Ghoul on May 24, 2006, 05:59:11 PM

Lets discuss

Very doubtful. Most young punks can`t afford to shop at Yr1.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: twilt on May 24, 2006, 07:36:51 PM

Lets discuss

hey!  I shop at year one...     took me a month to save up for the plastic plug that holds the side glass in the channel
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

72 beep!

yeah hey i just got a big order from year one, had to sell my dirt bike to do it, but i did!!!  :brickwall: not the road runner parts you were lookin for though so its cool!!!  :2thumbs:

The Ghoul

Quote from: twilt on May 24, 2006, 07:36:51 PM

Lets discuss

and most old farts can't use the internet.
Aren't stereotypes wonderful?
Just saying there are allot more people in this hobby than you and the guys that were in it 10 years ago. There is a whole nother generation starting to get into this hobby and it is a very real explanation of why parts are getting harder to find, why there are larger internet communities, and why bidding on ebay is nuts for parts now. 

twilt

::) ::)  If you have ANYTHING  intelligent to ad to this post, please feel free to do so. .

67_Dodge_Charger

I have had a similar experience with year one.  Ordered the parts and received half with no delivery time for the backorder.   :flame:

I agree with you twilt.  You should be able to delete your created threads. :icon_smile_big:

-Robert

The Ghoul

Quote from: twilt on May 25, 2006, 08:06:59 AM
::) ::)  If you have ANYTHING  intelligent to ad to this post, please feel free to do so. .
What's with the attitude?
You had an issue.
I suggested why this may be (after a short distraction)
You indicated that the young guys cant afford to shop at year one.
I pointed out that the statement is a stereo type and very ignorant.
And suddenly I am the one that has nothing intelligent to add.
I know you wanted this to be a 'lets trash the furor year one' thread but I just don't agree... Which seems to be happening allot lately, sadly.

twilt

Quote from: The Ghoul on May 25, 2006, 09:27:46 AM
What's with the attitude?
You had an issue.
I suggested why this may be (after a short distraction)
You indicated that the young guys cant afford to shop at year one.
I pointed out that the statement is a stereo type and very ignorant.
And suddenly I am the one that has nothing intelligent to add.
I know you wanted this to be a 'lets trash the furor year one' thread but I just don't agree... Which seems to be happening allot lately, sadly.

okay, i guess i will have to educate you a little bit. I will attempt to be patient.

Your explanation as to why YR1  can`t fill orders is completely unsound. While it is true that there may be more of these cars getting restored, there are more and more retailers  of these  parts. I would venture to say that Yr1`s percentage of the Mopar aftermarket has if anything shrunk drastically over the last 5-10 years. Why? competition and poor customer service.   I chose to do business with them because their location is convenient to me and as i result i can save a few $$ by not having to pay shipping charges.  YR1 is not a Johnny come lately to the reproduction parts industry. Expecting them to carry a sufficent stock of commonly ordered items is not expecting too much. Stuff happens. I am sure that at times, the shortages that they incur are because they simply cant get the parts fast enough from their suppliers. However, when your  out of stock percentage is as high as what i have been experiencing......the business is doing something wrong. Will i continue to do business with them? Yes, i will. However.........i will call next time before i drive up there, to verify if the items i need are actually in stock.

The Ghoul

Now see,
That makes much more sense than
'Most young punks can't afford to shop at Yr1.'
and it sounds very plausible.
But why are there more venders for these items?
As you stated more of these cars being restored for.... young punk kids AKA any one younger than you;
And that is what I was getting at
And thus why we had a conflict arguing the same point, just different sides of it.
The young punk kids comment was just a little light hearted dig at the older generation, no harm intended.

twilt

Guess I should give credit where credit is due. I went back to YR1 this evening for a few more goodies. They had my window fuzzies, repro 8k tach, and package tray/speaker shelf insulation in stock. The speaker shelf was out of stock but should be in soon and will be shipped to me for free. salesman also threw in a couple of free t-shirts.
After a recent experience with another vendor.....that i won`t delve into right now as I am too pissed off to be rational ......  I will keep doing business with YR1. They have ALWAYS  stood behind their products if and when  i had an issue with one.  There might be places you can get things a few bucks cheaper but it really doesnt matter if those places are run by dirt bags who take the money and run.