News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

source for a fan speed switch?

Started by General Ryan, May 23, 2006, 12:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Ryan

The push/pul switch which controls the fan on/off and speed needs a new switch, the little one that has 4 wires going to it and has the arm/elbow attaching to the push/pull button.

Any ideas where to locate one??l

NZ68RT

Pretty sure the part number for the switch you need is 2864821, I had the same problem a while back. found a few NOS dealers that had them but they wanted about $120 if I remember. I eventually bought a NOS switch on Ebay for around $20 or so that was from a C body ( I think ). Exact same switch but with a different lever. Just had to bend the tabs up on both switches and swap the switch mechanism, took about 2 minutes. Part numbers on the mechanism was the same, I think they were used on lots of models with different levers to operate.  Good luck.
- 1968 Dodge Charger 440 R/T
- 1972 VH Valiant Charger ( Australian ) 360 4 speed
- 1967 Plymouth Barracuda Hardtop 273 auto

NZ68RT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-PLYMOUTH-DODGE-CHRYSLER-NOS-HEATER-BLOWER-SWITCH_W0QQitemZ4646800984QQihZ002QQcategoryZ34197QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one looks a lot like the one I used, just swapped the guts. Need to do a little research to make sure it will work for you, I had better pics to go by.

Steve
- 1968 Dodge Charger 440 R/T
- 1972 VH Valiant Charger ( Australian ) 360 4 speed
- 1967 Plymouth Barracuda Hardtop 273 auto