News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stripped The Trunk today...

Started by Tripp1117, August 13, 2005, 10:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripp1117

Pretty Much took all day. Started out using the DA Sander, then ended up moving to the finishing sander because it was faster. And because our air compressor kept over heating.

thallium

Tripp1117

Yea still got a lot of work to do, probably going to send it to the bead blaster. everything is out of the car except the gas tank, dash, and steering column. Got to be done by middle of November

Drop Top

What grit paper are you using? How many layers of paint is on your car? I can give you a few tips if you don't want to spend the bucks at the blaster.

Set your D/A on grind. Buy some 80 grit and go to town. Make sure you grind away from the edges. Not into them. If the car has less the 3 coats. You will be done in a week end. If you work really hard you could get it done in one day. But you will need a compressor that will keep up.

Tripp1117

We set the sander to grind and it helps alot. We are using 80 grit sandpaper. There is only one coat of paint on the car. The hard coat seems to be the primer. It seems to take forever. Ill post some pics after i get the trunk all the way stripped and primered. Im using etching primer. Thanks for the advice.