News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

89 octane non ethanol?

Started by b5blue, December 13, 2020, 05:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

89 octane non ethanol fuel is plentiful in Florida (Boating) and I'm wondering what cam, if any would help burn it best. (To be rid of ethanol all together.)  :scratchchin:

c00nhunterjoe

Lots of other factors to determine that answer. But the only difference i have seen going from std fuel to ethanol is going up 2 jet sizes. Once youve done that, the car runs the same.

b5blue

I personally hate the blend. Florida's humid air and fuel that absorbs H2O has been a PIA.  :scratchchin:

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: b5blue on December 13, 2020, 10:59:21 PM
I personally hate the blend. Florida's humid air and fuel that absorbs H2O has been a PIA.  :scratchchin:

Its humid here in maryland as well. I always store the car will a full tank. Have never had an issue.

b5blue

Yea I hear ya, I've run with 1/4 or less for 25 years. Unless road tripping I can't see dragging dead weight and having 15+ gal. time sensitive with ethanol.

c00nhunterjoe

Driving is no problem or sitting for a week at a time over the summer. I was more referring to sitting a month at a time or over the winter.