News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

8" magnum wheels.

Started by Animal, May 18, 2006, 05:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animal

Can anyone tell me if the steering will self centre itself if you are using 245x60x15 magnum wheels.
This problem is really getting to me,as I have a complete rebuilt front end & the toe,camber & caster are spot on.I have to help the wheel back when turning.I've tried it with neg caster & positive caster,this was before it was checked on the computer. :'( :'( :'
Thanks Adam.

Animal

Sorry,this is a 68 charger.

Chryco Psycho

no reason why it should not recenter it self , I would add castor but I guess you have done that , is  it worse in one direction ? if it is possibly the centering on the box is out of adjustment 

Animal

Thanks for getting back.I set the box up as per fsm & checked & double checked.The box came from YO,I am just wondering if the box is tight,due to the fact the wheels are hard to turn from lock to lock with the car of the ground & turning them by hand.you might think something else is tight ie.ball joints,idle arm,but these have all been replaced & when I disconnect the pitman arm from the centre link, the wheels turn easily.Maybe it is a tight box & will wear in,or there is a problem with it.I have set it with maximum positive camber & maximum neg camber,still it makes no differance.Thanks again Adam.

Animal

Sorry,car has power steering & it drives as straight as a die.
Adam.