News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this anything original?

Started by limey, May 18, 2006, 12:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limey

Hi..I have found this under the front seat of my Charger. It is an ammeter and oil pressure gauge. Mounted on a Chrome plinth with woodgrain effect.

I expect it is an aftermarket gauge cluster, but the woodgrain effect is such a close match to that on my console, I was just wondering if it was a proper Chrysler part?
I can't imagine why the car would need it, as it already has an oil pressure gauge... (not that mine works currently!! - but it did up until a couple of weeks ago! ;))....
Any thoughts appreciated,
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nope...aftermarket.

Probably there because of what you said......your factory gauge doesnt work.

PS---for 68 the console didnt have woodgrain on it....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

limey

Not surpised the gauges arent original, but I am surprised about the console.....I didn't realise it was different to the '69 '70 models. Anyone got a pic of a console...I hadn't noticed that this wasn't original.. ???
L
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Just 6T9 CHGR

The 68 console has ribbed tops with silver trim....no woodgrain overlay.

This is a pic of a 4 speed console

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

limey

Ahh yes...can see that is more in keeping with the rest of the interior trim....I'm keeping mine as is though, as I prefer the look of the woodgrain, and it is in exceptional condition. I have spoken to the guy I bought the car from, and he says he got the gauges to fix on as despite the fact he had replaced the oil pressure sender, the gauge would still read intermittently.......mystery solved. I guess between that, the sticky fuel gauge that won't read full, and the nasty aftermarket face on the speedo, I'm looking at a dash refurb....It seems like everything needs overhauling and calibrating..... >:(
Limey

RAWPWR

maybe the circuit board (PC) in the dash is the trouble with your gauges?? the pins where the wiring harness plugs into sometimes get loose..
68 R/T Charger 440<br />00 Dakota