News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Indoor car cover options

Started by YGBSM, June 15, 2020, 08:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YGBSM

I've been looking at indoor car covers and there are so many choices and prices.  Really need some suggestions and help. 

I know I want a good quality, fitted cover than won't scratch.  Other than that, I'm lost.  What makes a $600 cover better than a $175 cover?

TIA!
'68 Charger R/T, numbers matching 440/727
Now with Hensley 496 stroker and Keisler 4-speed auto

RallyeMike

I have a big, heavy cover and I don't like it. It's kind of unwieldy getting on and off.  It gets dusty and takes up a lot of space when not on the car.

Now I'm using the 3 mil plastic bags with elastic on the bottom that body shops use. They go on an off quick, can wad up into as small space, and are reusable many times. They don't do much to protect from heavy objects but they keep the dust off and you can blow off the dust with compressed air easily. You can buy them on eBay in multi packs for just a few bucks.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Todd Wilson

I bought a California car cover about 16 years ago and its held up well. Its for indoors but can be used outdoors on a limited use deal. Could take it to a over night car show or what ever if you wanted to. It is kinda big and bulky but goes on and off fairly ez.

Todd

c00nhunterjoe

I have a 25 dollar ollies cover for indoor use. Never had an issue with scratching .