News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The countdown begins...GN update

Started by Wakko, August 12, 2005, 10:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustanghater

didn't somone else have a GN on the site ?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Wakko

Yeah, Slow or something like that. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

79JON

Man,   I hate that for ya on the Grand National.  Hopefully it will be back on the road real soon.  I love my 68 Coronet but sometimes I have T TYPE withdrawls.  HAHA.   I really miss my old 87 T TYPE.  Somebody mentioned that a 440 charger sounds better than a T TYPE,  but I used to have a Y pipe Cutout on my 3" downpipe, and BOY that thing sounded like a all out drag car. 

Wakko

The one time a Turbo 6 rivals the sound of a muscle car is at full boost.  All you hear is the scream of the turbo and a contast rush of fast moving air.  Sounds like a fighter jet racing by at Mach 2.  Soooooo hot.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

SirNik73

On my Turbo Diese Mercedes I installed high flow exhaust and took off the factory air cleaner. the factory had a 180 degree bend going into a huge airbox that was ment to silence the turbo. with all the factory stuff taken off witha cone filter installed and the new exhause you can slap it into second at around 30MPH and stand on it you get the engine up to around 4000rpm and all you hear is the screaming turbo. i love doing that. i'll find a bunch of guys in a parking lot looking at some guys car and then i'll punch the Benz like that and all their heads turn... i think its funny because the car is so... plain jane looking :devil:

I love that jet fighter sound :yesnod:
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

wetfeetmi

My small drill rig has the 6.0 litre Powerstroke with a stack. It is whisper quiet except for the turbo. That is all you can hear thru the exhaust system and it sounds fantastic.
I am still considering a 3.0 litre Mercedes 5 cyl. turbo diesel for my Daytona clone. Fuel prices jumped to $2.76 locally today. WOW..it might hit $3.00 before the end of summer just as they predicted

Lostsheep

Hey Riptorn is that a Jackalope at the front of your car?

Wakko

They had all KINDS of colors.  I liked burgundy and rosewood (almost a pink, but cool) and in blue they had a bright electric blue that was gorgeous.

Here's production numbers, but not of colors.  Those I don't know how to get.

http://www.gnttype.org/general/product.html

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

RTPTRON

Quote from: Lostsheep on August 16, 2005, 12:10:56 AM
Hey Riptorn is that a Jackalope at the front of your car?

Ya, something like that, it is our Aussee Shepard checking out the car.  The picture was taken the first day I brought it home.

Charger_Fan

I just got my September(?) issue of Popular Hotrodding...there's a small article in there of a proposed 2008 GNX. Have you guys heard of that yet?

Oh & yes, it's a 2-door. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

79JON

Yeah,   my ole White T Type was pretty rare because it had a Factory Moonroof.  They didnt make many of those.  Speaking of the different colors,  whats great about that is they look like regular regals driving around and i beat many cars.   Total sleeper.    :yesnod:

Wakko

:::nods:::  Yep, total.  Moonroof = SWEET.

I don't think we'll ever see that car and honestly I expect Buick to go the way of Oldsmobile soon.  :( 

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Wakko on August 16, 2005, 11:38:19 AM
I expect Buick to go the way of Oldsmobile soon.   :(  
:iagree: You're probably right, that sux. I wish Kia or Scion or Daewoo or...would go bye, bye indtead. :icon_smile_angry:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)