News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heads are here!

Started by Rolling_Thunder, February 06, 2020, 12:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

So I scored a set of bare TF240s for a screaming deal - just wondering if I should look at anything specifically quality control wise -

I plan on dropping them off at my machinist to be double checked but I like having an idea - if anyone has negative experience with the TF heads.

I'll be giving it stainless valves and whatever springs my cam calls for -

anyone want to educate me on retainers and keepers? what's better between 7* or 10* ? I've never really done too much head head work but these look really damn good to me.

Also - utilizing a roller cam vs a flat tappet - I know usually requires different valve springs - but are the valves a factor as well ?

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

metallicareload99

Looking good! I have 7,000+ miles on mine and they have worked great, no issues whatsoever! I bolted mine on and went for the first 6,000+, had the engine rebuilt and the heads surfaced, checked, and new valve springs installed for the next 1,000+.

I went with the 10⁰ locks from the get go, probably a good idea with a solid roller. As I'm sure you know valve springs need to match the cam, I got a good recommendation on what from PRH here
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

Mike DC

That second pic reminds me of a girl I used to know.  

chapel40

Remember you have to use different bolts
Don Chapel

chapel40

Don Chapel