News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where do I find the Repop "L" shaped Chrome trim for the trunk on a '69?

Started by Charger Aficionado, May 14, 2006, 11:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

THE CHARGER PUNK

i dont think anyone re-pops em yet, would probably be a good market to get into-MATT

Shakey

The "eyebrows" pop up on e-bay from time to time.  I do not know who is responsible for manufacturing them.  E-bay is the only place I've seen them, but I am not actively looking for them.

mikepmcs

this what you are talking about?  the only people i can find that carry em are Firestone Collectibles(aka:  mopar9999)
so someone is repoppin' em' maybe it's them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-69-Charger-Tail-panel-moldings-NEW-1969-buySAFE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34204QQitemZ4638906769QQrdZ1
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 15, 2006, 07:44:23 AM
this what you are talking about?  the only people i can find that carry em are Firestone Collectibles(aka:  mopar9999)
so someone is repoppin' em' maybe it's them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-69-Charger-Tail-panel-moldings-NEW-1969-buySAFE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34204QQitemZ4638906769QQrdZ1

Thanks Mike!  You Da' man!  Those suckers are hard to find...  I tried Charger Trim, Trunk Trim, Tailamp mouldings etc and on and on and on...  All I needed was "Tail"...  (So true idn't it?)  heh...

chargerboy69

Whew. . Those are costly little pieces aren't they?  I had mine stipped and rechromed for $30.00 for the pair.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: chargerboy69 on May 15, 2006, 03:21:55 PM
Whew. . Those are costly little pieces aren't they?  I had mine stipped and rechromed for $30.00 for the pair.
I've got a drawer full of these but the pegs are broken on most...  My re-chrome dude is a RIP OFF...  I'm looking for someone better now...

mikepmcs

Quote from: chargerboy69 on May 15, 2006, 03:21:55 PM

where? :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BigBlockSam

QuoteMy re-chrome dude is a RIP OFF...  I'm looking for someone better now.   

mine too, there aren't manyy around here so he knows he's got you. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bill440rt

I just bought a set from Mopar999 (aka Firestone Collectibles). I must admit, they are really nice. I held them up to my originals, they are an exact match.
However, when I went to fit them on the car the right side did not fit right. The left side fit just like original. I think I may have gotten a bad one, perhaps it was bent or taken out of the mold too fast. He is exchanging the right one for a new one, maybe it will fit better. The seller is excellent, highly recommended. He's never had a problem in the past with complaints about fit until now.

Lastly, & not questioning anyone's statements, but where can you get these rechromed for $30 a pair? SHOW chrome??? I doubt it. When it comes to chrome, I believe you get what you pay for. I don't think you could paint these properly for $30, let alone have them rechromed. I thought his price of $119 was a bargain considering what show chrome is going for these days.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

BigBlockSam

QuoteI thought his price of $119 was a bargain 

i wish some one made them for my 68 but i wouldn't call them a bargain. it cost me $70. to rechrome mine. they came out nice. Rene

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img