News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

weather station

Started by Nacho-RT74, May 14, 2006, 10:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

accurate... don't you think ? :P
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chryco Psycho

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

limey

That's great..one of the thing that annoys me about the British - i.e me...is our need to be uptight and polite...therfore all we ever do is talk about the weather....
"Hello, old chap...lovely weather we are having isn;t it? Its quite sunny..."

Er YES!..thats the hot orangey thing in the sky!

I could do with one of these outside my house to encourage my neighbours to talk to me about something else.

Actually...my Charger is now distracting them somewhat :lol:
L
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Doc74

Quote from: limey on May 15, 2006, 03:55:21 AM
That's great..one of the thing that annoys me about the British - i.e me...is our need to be uptight and polite...therfore all we ever do is talk about the weather....
"Hello, old chap...lovely weather we are having isn;t it? Its quite sunny..."

Er YES!..thats the hot orangey thing in the sky!

I could do with one of these outside my house to encourage my neighbours to talk to me about something else.

Actually...my Charger is now distracting them somewhat :lol:
L

Try reaching for a reaction when you tell them you don't know about the weather since lately you've been outrunning it, that'll have them crawling back to their fiestas in no time  :D

Btw are the rocks still wet over there ? ....

kidding !  :nana:

Oh this reminds me, any way you can make your way across the canal for the Us car meet here in Antwerp ?There'll be a few of us present and if a few could join you and if the Dutch feel like making the trip south we'll have a fine bunch of moparnuts there for a weekend of basically V8's, beer and....beer  :icon_smile_big:

It's all makes and there's always a few sweet mopars around, it's not very big but there's a pub on every corner in the city so who cares really  :D
It's august 26-27 so plenty of time to tune the charger and yes you can fit it on the chunnel train, if you're going really really slow anyway, scary moment  :icon_smile_big:

http://users.pandora.be/ccc/apow_engels.htm

limey

Would love to mate, but I am indulging ina 6 week tour round the world...(sadly totally bypassing america for reasons outside my control)..and I will be away all of August...missing all of the car shows this year, which is a bit of a bummer...
Anyway Doc, where are you based?
Nick (limey)
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Doc74

Quote from: limey on May 17, 2006, 03:55:51 AM
Would love to mate, but I am indulging ina 6 week tour round the world...(sadly totally bypassing america for reasons outside my control)..and I will be away all of August...missing all of the car shows this year, which is a bit of a bummer...
Anyway Doc, where are you based?
Nick (limey)

Antwerp, Belgium,  about 5 miles from the show...actually just about all of Antwerp is 5 miles from the show.... :icon_smile_big:
Too bad you can't make it but it's not the last one, plenty opportunities to roast your tires on our roads.
So are you feeling adventurous or are you a famous rockstar ?  :icon_smile_big:  How do you plan a trip like that anyway ?

limey

Quote from: Doc74 on May 17, 2006, 11:47:23 AM

So are you feeling adventurous or are you a famous rockstar ?  :icon_smile_big:  How do you plan a trip like that anyway ?

Feeling adventurous....my better half's brother has taken a year out of work (lucky b*stard) and we are going out there to meet up with him in Melbourne...to get there we are stopping off in Hong Kong for a few days, Java for a few days, then Melbourne for a week. Then heading up to Cairns where we are going down the West Coast to Brisbane in a 4x4 Bushcamper. Getting a bit of Surfing and Diving in hopefully.. ;) After Brisbane, we fly to Christchurch NZ, and tour south island and North island for 2 weeks before flying back to London via LA-X. (Sadly only in the states for about 3 hours so the chances of Mopar spotting are zilch. - Might see some Valiant Chargers in Australia though..here is hoping..!
As for being a Rock star....well I'm a  professional musician, but don't think I could make enough money to Pay my way on a trip like that....so the Teaching job has got me there!!
Take it easy,
Nick (Limey)

Doc74

Quote from: limey on May 17, 2006, 12:03:22 PM
Quote from: Doc74 on May 17, 2006, 11:47:23 AM

Feeling adventurous....my better half's brother has taken a year out of work (lucky b*stard) and we are going out there to meet up with him in Melbourne...to get there we are stopping off in Hong Kong for a few days, Java for a few days, then Melbourne for a week. Then heading up to Cairns where we are going down the West Coast to Brisbane in a 4x4 Bushcamper. Getting a bit of Surfing and Diving in hopefully.. ;) After Brisbane, we fly to Christchurch NZ, and tour south island and North island for 2 weeks before flying back to London via LA-X. (Sadly only in the states for about 3 hours so the chances of Mopar spotting are zilch. - Might see some Valiant Chargers in Australia though..here is hoping..!
As for being a Rock star....well I'm a  professional musician, but don't think I could make enough money to Pay my way on a trip like that....so the Teaching job has got me there!!
Take it easy,
Nick (Limey)

Holy moly that's a nice trip  :2thumbs: 
Even if you were in the US 3 weeks, the chances of spotting a charger or other classic mopar are still slim but that's ok, you'll see one when you get home  :icon_smile_big:

I'm a bodyman because playing the sax doesn't feed me enough either, you know how it goes, one month you have so much you feel on top of the world and the next you barely get enough to eat. Ah well as long as you love what you do. What do you play/teach ?
Sometimes I wish I never stopped playing full time but on the other hand, then I might miss all the cars....
Teaching...I should think about that, if there's anyone out there who actually still wants to learn saxophone.

limey

Yeah...I don't do enough music now...when I first joined the original board in 99 or 2000, I was touring the UK playing Guitar and singing original stuff, although I'm a drummer more than anything else (because I like it best) my first instrument is the Clarinet- so I'm with you there my reed playing friend! I teach in a secondary school, A level music, that kind of thing, but my better half (Andrea) is a gigging/teaching Sax player too. If you do enough teaching in the evenings, its a solid income and allows you to play your instrument for hours every day. (Also you can take 6 weeks off at a time!! ;D) As for anyone wanting to learn it... She has to turn a lot of work down. If she took it all on she would be teaching to midnight every night!(at $50 an hour it often seems like a good thing!)
Seriously - you should put a few cards up in local music stores, ads in shop windows etc, and try starting up a bit of teaching - even a 2 hours a week in your spare time will get you back in the music game...it all kinda snowballs...
Limey

Doc74

Quote from: limey on May 17, 2006, 12:23:37 PM
Yeah...I don't do enough music now...when I first joined the original board in 99 or 2000, I was touring the UK playing Guitar and singing original stuff, although I'm a drummer more than anything else (because I like it best) my first instrument is the Clarinet- so I'm with you there my reed playing friend! I teach in a secondary school, A level music, that kind of thing, but my better half (Andrea) is a gigging/teaching Sax player too. If you do enough teaching in the evenings, its a solid income and allows you to play your instrument for hours every day. (Also you can take 6 weeks off at a time!! ;D) As for anyone wanting to learn it... She has to turn a lot of work down. If she took it all on she would be teaching to midnight every night!(at $50 an hour it often seems like a good thing!)
Seriously - you should put a few cards up in local music stores, ads in shop windows etc, and try starting up a bit of teaching - even a 2 hours a week in your spare time will get you back in the music game...it all kinda snowballs...
Limey

Very good points, I'm going to think hard on that. Clarinet, got a few of those here too, always loved that mellow sound.
IF I wasn't sure my bneighbours would destroy me, I'd have a drumkit here but it'll have to wait and I don't have the cash for an electronic kit.
I have an electric bass here too, I tell people I have it to learn new things on before I tackle it on the sax but I actually bought it a few days after John entwistle died. I played bass in a band when I was 16, good fun.When I heard he died I just went out and got a student Ibanez. Keith Moon is one of my all time favorite musicians and it took me a long time to accept the fact that most songs don't have the drums that 'up front' like he had.
Rock on !

limey

Quote from: Doc74 on May 17, 2006, 12:41:24 PM
Keith Moon is one of my all time favorite musicians and it took me a long time to accept the fact that most songs don't have the drums that 'up front' like he had.
Rock on !

Yeah...I really rate a lot of drummers,  but very few have the energy and raw musicianship flowing through them that Moony had... :'(
L

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722