News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

repair manuals

Started by cobradriver, May 14, 2006, 10:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobradriver

what is the best referance book that some of you guys use, need like specs, timing, vac specs..etc etc...i have chitons, haynes etc etc for the stangs..but seems they are not offered for chargers...lol dont get me wrong this is a great site...but sometimes its easier to have it in black and white sitting on the work bench

limey

I got a Chiltons manual for 68-70 chargers on Ebay. NOS. Has all the things you are asking about. Also I have a Haynes manual for my engine.
I can get you the Catalog number, ISBN and all that if you like?
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

bull

Quote from: cobradriver on May 14, 2006, 10:33:33 AM
what is the best referance book that some of you guys use, need like specs, timing, vac specs..etc etc...i have chitons, haynes etc etc for the stangs..but seems they are not offered for chargers...lol dont get me wrong this is a great site...but sometimes its easier to have it in black and white sitting on the work bench

Get ready to fork it out. Amazon.com and Ebay usually has them but it won't be cheap. At least $70 for a Chilton's.

limey

Quote from: bull on May 14, 2006, 11:07:24 AM
Get ready to fork it out. Amazon.com and Ebay usually has them but it won't be cheap. At least $70 for a Chilton's.
:o :o :o

Wow..I only paid about $35 for mine - that was on Ebay UK - maybe not everyone knew its value...
Lmey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

JimShine

I paid $25 for my Chiltons. I never look at it though. All of the tech stuff is taken from the factory service manual. In my garage those factory manuals get more use than anything else. Followed up closely by this website.

cobradriver

wow...your right....huge money on ebay....amazon is high ....this is a great site,,,,and most of you have more knowledge that i ever will know..but i need the basic stuff on this car....so iguess ill research here and print like crazy...lol

bull

I would probably have to agree with Jim. Even though I have never seen a Chilton's Charger manual I don't think anything would be much better than the factory repair manual. And those are cheaper. I paid $50 for mine.

cobradriver

i will agree.....i just find it sooooo hard to understand why getting certain things for these cars are sooo hard...being as popular as they are.....lets face it...2nd gen chargers are a hot item...always have been but with the Dukes movie and the "hey that thing got a hemi" comercials.....youd figure there would be vendors comming out of the woodwork making stuff for these cars....

hemihead

Chiltons ? lololololololol
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

cobradriver

lol hey cut me some slack im an amature......i just need a good reference book...lol

Just 6T9 CHGR

The best refrence book will be a FSM (factory service manual)

You can buy them repro or find nice originals on ebay all day long.

A Chilton's manual is nice to display at a show I guess
Chris' '69 Charger R/T