News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Valve Cover PCV Grommet Question

Started by tcurtis, February 23, 2019, 12:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcurtis

My '69 Charger has a 383 with black Mopar valve covers installed.  The driver's side cover has two holes, one for the filler cap and one for the PCV.  The PCV grommet is worn out and broken and I am not having any luck finding a replacement.  The opening in the valve cover is 1" and the opening in the grommet for the PCV is 3/4".  I was told by a vender at Fall Carlisle that my valve covers are an older style and that particular grommet is difficult to find.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

XH29N0G

I don't have mine nearby to check and hope this will help. on https://www.manciniracing.com/search-results.html?catalog=chucker54&query=gromet&Submit=Search I see 1" by 1/2" and 1.22" by 3/4" but not 1" by 3/4" 

I wonder if it is simpler to change the PVC valve dimensions to be the 1/2" size.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

tcurtis

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

TexasStroker

I had the same problem years ago with the MP valve covers.  I can't remember what it was exactly now, but I think the solution was something from ford...way cheaper too.

This "would have been" what you wanted: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/DCC-5249642/
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

tcurtis

Yes, I have a box with those gathering dust on a shelf.  I did some poking around the Summit catalog and think I found two possibilities, both listed as being for Fords.  But as long as they fit.

Thanks.

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster