News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Classic Industries 1969 Tail light Lens Review

Started by Mopar Nut, January 17, 2019, 01:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

Classic Industries repop tail lights with the argent silver accent stripe painted horizontally across the center of the lens, missing before.

First picture from my original, second is the Classic Industries, notice the Argent Silver stripe is off on the bottom part of the lens.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

garner7555

At first glance I was sure that was 4 separate pictures.     :yesnod:    I do see some differences, but the new lens looks like it would transmit light far better.    :shruggy:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Ghoste

This is a different lens than the one that has been out there for a few years now in the repro market?

Mopar Nut

I asked Classic to check the other 69 lenses inventory for the flaws and they said they were all the same. They don't care to correct them on their next batch.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Daytona R/T SE

Do they have the chrome bezels ?

I wonder if they've fixed any of the problems with the bezels and the lenses.

Here's a little light reading on my experience with
classic Industries Charger tail light lenses:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,116275.0.html

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 17, 2019, 06:18:25 PM
Do they have the chrome bezels ?

I wonder if they've fixed any of the problems with the bezels and the lenses.

Here's a little light reading on my experience with
classic Industries Charger tail light lenses:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,116275.0.html

I asked about the bezels, they said there's no eta, could be months or years.

I order through Classic four times, had three problems with them. The third time, I bought the lenses without the argent silver, ad said with gaskets, they were missing in all of their inventory. Classic did send me replacements, nice ones too. They changed description from "with gaskets" to "gaskets not included"