News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It happened! It really happened!! \WHOOOHOO!! Progress!!! new pic

Started by Telvis, May 06, 2006, 07:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

i can feel your excitment... i love Orange Chargers!  ;)

ChargerAndy

Telvis, CONGRATS DUDE!!!   :METAL:   What a great feeling huh? and yes, you WILL have lotsa fun putting it back together..... the only better feeling is the first time you drive it again! Hey, MORE PICS PLEASE! Good Luck, Andy   :2thumbs:

limey

Yeah...get that index finger clickin' Telvis....more pics, more angles.....Are you putting any stripes on her?
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

41husk

congratulations! Telvis, Looks to be well worth the wait.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparfied

Nice job Telvis. Theres nothing like getting paint on them.

Telvis

I'm picking it up at 8:00 am in the morning!! Unfortunately I have to be at work at 11am. I probably won't be able to post any pictures until Wednesday.

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

charge69

Great color! I know you must be pumped to get it back and finally start re-assembling everything! Be sure to post progress pics!

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

4402tuff4u

Awesome color Telvis.  :2thumbs: I had to put my sunglasses on to look at the photo's  :icon_smile_big:  Looks like 3 - 68's will be coming back to life real soon!!  I think Pocket Thunder has us beat thou. Nice Charger Telvis enjoy, I'm enjoying putting mine back together - but my wallet don't!! :rotz:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Telvis

She's home!! Sorry I can't post a bunch of pictures. I have trouble getting the pictures to upload because they are too big. I have to resize them one at a time. Here's one from this morning right before I unloaded it from the trailer.

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Shakey

41husk

It looks great!  I would have the body guy put the trunk and doors on and line them up.  I would be terified to scratch my new paint.  Congratulations! looks like you will be cruizen by summers end.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Telvis

He still has the doors. He's going to come over and install them when they are done. Once I get the motor in he's going to come help me install the fenders and hood. I'm going to complete the front end rebuild and install the front discs this weekend..or at least try. If all goes well I should be able to install the motor the following weekend. Everything is ready to go back in. Cross your fingers!!

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

limey

Lookin good telvis...definitely the same colour as mine......looking forward to hearing about your disc brake install - is it a conversion or was she on discs from the factory?
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Telvis

Quote from: limey on May 10, 2006, 11:29:11 AM
Lookin good telvis...definitely the same colour as mine......looking forward to hearing about your disc brake install - is it a conversion or was she on discs from the factory?
Limey

I am converting from drum to disk. I bought the brake setups built and ready to bolt on. There's a guy here in KY that sells them on Ebay under the name "tuckyman". His name is David. He scours the junk yards and gets the spindles. He bead blasts them and paints them. Everything else is brand new. They look great. They come all assembled and ready to bolt on. New bearings, seals, calipers, lines. He saved me on shipping too. He had to bring his wife to Lexington for a doctors appointment so i just met him to pick them up. He has a couple of really nice GTX's. He's a great guy.

limey

Thanks for the Heads up, Telvis...I'm on drums all round, and while they are actually not too bad, driving in the uk, where the next car is usually 10 ft in front of you I could drop the hammer more often if I could stop easier...if you get me?
So disc conversion is part of the big plan I am formulating... ;)
Limey

plum500

AirborneSilva

Hey Telvix, I believe that is the same color that my Charger is suppose to be (but with a blakc vinyl top).  More pictures please  :yesnod: 

motorhead

Gorgeous man,My 68 R/T is red as well,you gotta love that attention on the trailer home,EH?

Telvis

I will like the attention but unfortunately the paint color isn't right.  I have to take the blame. I ordered it and gave it to the paint guy. It's way to light. It's supposed to be PP1. It's way off. It's too late now. I guess I will learn to like it.

limey

Sorry you are disappointed about the paint...Have to say I think it looks great....but then mine is too light to be PP1 as well I think...but I love it.. Once it is all together it'll still be a stunning machine. ;D
L