News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It happened! It really happened!! \WHOOOHOO!! Progress!!! new pic

Started by Telvis, May 06, 2006, 07:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

Oh my GOD!!! My car is painted!!! It still needs to be color sanded an buffed but the car is painted!! I'm going to pick it up on Tuesday morning. I'm gonna go ahead and get the motor in it and put the body back together and take it back as a complete car so he can wet sand and buff it. Somebody pinch me!!! :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

RECHRGD

BEAUTIFUL !!!! that color is going to turn many heads.  Have fun putting it back together.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Telvis

Putting it back together will be the fun part. It feels like Christmas!

Charger_Fan

Congrats, Man!! Is that "arrest-me-red"? ;D

Quote from: RECHRGD on May 06, 2006, 08:03:46 PM
Have fun putting it back together.
Quote from: Telvis on May 06, 2006, 08:32:03 PM
Putting it back together will be the fun part.
I think that's what he meant. ;)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

General_01

Looks great Telvis. I know you have been trying for quite some time to get the car painted. Glad it finally did. Can't wait to see pics of it on the road when you get it put back together.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

69 OUR/TEA

Looking good,keep pics coming as assembly happens.Sounds like your excited to put back together,take your time ,be carefull .A car I did last year for a friend,after he had it home and it was in the garage,had the trunk lid open and went to leave,hit the door closer,and I geuss you figured it out,the opener bar went across the trunk lid.Wow ,it didn't even leave the garage and already needs a blend.

terrible one

That is great man, congrats on the progress. She's LOOKING GOOD!!  :icon_smile_cool:

Bandit4142

Congrats!!  She's lookin' great!   :icon_smile_big:
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

AirborneSilva

Congrats man, that thing looks really sweet.  Take plenty of pictures of your progress and post them for us pic whores  :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:

Blown70

derailed

Telvis

Thanks guys. It's been a long journey just to get to this stage. There's still a lot of work left to be done but I can see some daylight now.

Mefirst

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

70daytonaclone

Man that is some shiney paint, what is that Telvis?

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Arigmaster

I know how you feel Telvis! I'm almost there too...

Telvis

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on May 07, 2006, 08:56:33 AM
Quote from: 70daytonaclone on May 07, 2006, 08:49:29 AM
Man that is some shiney paint, what is that Telvis?
:iagree: I like it

It's PP1 red. It's PPG Base Clear. I don't think it's the Global Line. It's the product line next to it. I can't remermber the name of it. I think it might be 2000 or something. I wanted it in global but they couldn't mix it for some reason. They had a hard time finding the color code for PP1 at the time. The paint came out pretty good though.  It's not perfect but should clean up well once wet sanded and buffed. At this point I wouldn't care if it had a MAACO paint job. I have been waiting over a year and a half to get it done. I just want to drive it. I'm going to get it back to gether and enjoy it. I'm going out to the garage in a few minutes and start straigtening everythng up. It's a happy time here in the Telvis household! :icon_smile_big:

limey

Hey Telvis, my new Charger looks like a very similar colour....Would you say it was the same...I know it's difficult to say from a pic, but...:

It's just I have no Idea what the colour is, and it needs a scratch sorted....Yours looks the closest.
Also, was PP1 available in 1968?
Anyone..?
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Telvis

It looks to be pretty close. My car was originally a PP1 car. So yes it was available

limey

I wasn't sure because the paint chip looks darker than mine by a long way....When you get yours rolled out into the sunlight you'll have to post up a pic or two....
Great looking paint job by the way...you must be itching to get it all together now...
Thanks,
Limey

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Goldfinger71

Lookin good Telvis! :yesnod:It's been a long time coming for ya! :yesnod:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Telvis

Limey, I agree that it does look a little light. I thought that the first time I saw it. I guess it doesn't matter at this point. I wouldn't care if it was turd brown. I'm just happy it's finished. If the color isn't exact i'm not going to lose any sleep. I just got through straigtening my garage up. I have the motor and tranny sitting there ready to go in. I have some brake work and suspension stuff to finish first. Hopefull I can get started about mid week. All of a sudden I'm hating the thought of that Toyota job. My priority has suddenly changed.  :-\

Telvis

I just went out and compared the chip to the hood and fenders. It's pretty darn close to the PP1 chip. I probably don't have the best eye but it looks the same to me.