News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

First gen charger stuff on Netscape?

Started by Headrope, May 05, 2006, 10:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrope

A buddy of mine told me I should check out Netscape today because there is some cool first gen stuff within the "retro something" part of the site.
I can't find it. Has anyone else? Post a link?
Thanks.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Headrope

... so there was an RT package in '67?

"Also new for '67 was the Road and Track package centered on the new 440 engine and complemented it with a host of standard and available performance upgrades, from Magnum wheels and wide bias-belt tires to HD suspension with locking rear axle and wild-looking graphics packages. "
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Brock Samson

i see that sometimes,.. new for the Coronet perhaps...

I was reading ALLPARs' Charger stuff yesterday, how many mistakes can you spot...  :icon_smile_wink:

http://www.allpar.com/model/charger.html

Ghoste

Another case of journalism-lite for the sake of fluff and paying the bills.  At least they featured a pic of a 66.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

This opening line bears out my long held theory that the Charger started as a possible Turbine powered vehicle...  :yesnod:
I bet a turbine would look pretty sweet tucked up besides that round fire wall seam...  :icon_smile_wink:

from the allpar profile:

1966 to 1967 Dodge Chargers (Jamie Kittrell) Burton Bouwkamp wrote: "The Chrysler turbines had reached the point where production would be practical, and the decision to make a special, limited-production turbine car with different styling was reached. Tom Golec, supervisor of car development, said that low-volume tooling for a 500-vehicle production run had already been ordered, and a no-slip clutch unit was developed (but not used because of its cost). The project, for whatever reason, was cancelled, and the special body became the Charger (but with a different grille)."

Ghoste

Well naturally, now I can't find it, but I do have a pic here somewhere of one of the original concept drawings for the Charger and it shows the grille as a large inlet for the jet.
I wouldn't be surprised though, if similar drawings were laying around at the time for all of Chrysler's lineup.  They were fairly serious about the turbine engine at the time.