News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General mayhem back at dirtfish

Started by cbrestorations, January 22, 2018, 11:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

Soooo was anyone else kinda disappointed by the big hype and then let down? Why run it on bald tires and then baby it around the track. Fail...

Baldwinvette77

yeah.. wasn't fun  :rotz: the only good thing was that they put the stock taillights back in

JR

Mayhem was kind of a let down, but I enjoyed the episode alot.

I cringed when David said Mayhem had no sway bars, and worn drag racing tires. That doesn't seem like a fun combination to me. Maybe that's why Mike babied it through the corners. A softly sprung drag race suspension sounds terrible for a rally course.

I don't know if they'd ever admit it, but I think Freiburger enjoyed the car more with the 440. The current setup seems like too much of a one trick pony to be much fun.

But great episode. I thought the impala was the most fun to watch. I would have like to have seen power steering hooked up in it, though.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

richf

Freiburger has admitted he likes Mayhem less since the swap and conversion to full on drag car.  Thats why he sold it to Motor Trend, and almost built a '69 project a few months ago.
1968 Charger 318/904 project
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

Poor college student

Brass

Quote from: richf on January 22, 2018, 07:01:45 PM
Freiburger has admitted he likes Mayhem less since the swap and conversion to full on drag car.  Thats why he sold it to Motor Trend, and almost built a '69 project a few months ago.

That's too bad.  It doesn't seem like it would take much to convert it back to street, even with the hellcat mill.

JR

I know it was mini tubbed, and the springs moved inward when they hellcat swapped it, but that's the worst of it.

I hope they build a Mayhem 2.0 eventually, and continue on in the original spirit.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

richf

Quote from: Brass on January 22, 2018, 07:59:27 PM
Quote from: richf on January 22, 2018, 07:01:45 PM

That's too bad.  It doesn't seem like it would take much to convert it back to street, even with the hellcat mill.

My guess is that since all the publicity that occurred with the GMG vs RK showdown and the Dodge sponsorship, it will stay in its current form because it is used as a show car often.
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700

Poor college student

TheAutoArchaeologist

The Mayhem will be left alone, and another vehicle is going to be built eventually.  Just gotta find the right body.

richf

Quote from: Devil on January 23, 2018, 12:31:08 PM
The Mayhem will be left alone, and another vehicle is going to be built eventually.  Just gotta find the right body.

That's awesome news! I've been waiting for the guys to reuse the 440 from Mayhem.  Hopefully stroked out like they've suggested in the past
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700

Poor college student