News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I might be loosing the Charger fever

Started by Supercharged Riot, April 30, 2006, 10:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercharged Riot

I just might face it. Ive been saving up for almost 2 years (at the end of this August). Ive ran into deals while I was at it. My first break was just over a year ago. THis guy in Rancho Cucamonga CA. was selling a 69 Charger (with a 68 front grill) for $9,000. I was REALLY after a 68. but for $9,000 that was a steal. No rust. it was all there, just no carpet. I had to let it go because I coulsnd get a loan on it because I only had like 5-6 K for it.

1 year later...

2nd time around was back last December. THis lady 2 miles from me had what Ive dreamed of having. Black (its really B5 blue because i saw the paint underneath the upholostry..the lady thought she was slick) on black 68 charger. some paint imperfections, loose headliner "no rust" 383. $17,000-18,000.....I had $13. GIMME A BREAK.

To put it simple. If I dont find one for the price I save up by the end of the summer (or by the end of this year December 06'). Im giving it all up for a new-er high performance car (used one of course). It just aint worth it for how much I make. plus I have been cutting activities (including lots of friends) just so that I can guarentee Ill get a certain amount of money every month for the past 2 years (trust me, it hasnt been a fun life).

Everytime I get an opportunity to get one. That person is always pricing it beyond my reach. At the end of the year I should rack i about $22-$25K. If the prices of these things go up (gas prices arent helping either) then it must be an impression that it aint worth it anymore

Can someone slap some sense into me (so that I can have a little more hope & faith)? or am I actually making a logical point? Those EVO's are starting to look good (I can get a good used one for about $22-$25K too)

....I want my Blade-Mobile (!).....

bull

You can't lose something you never had. ;) Seriously, I looked for two years too and gave up more than once. I just about had a meltdown when the rug got pulled out from under me on a '69 for sale but it was a blessing in disguise because I really wanted a '68. Finally I got in touch with a local restoration shop and asked the owner if he knew of any '68s for sale. Sure enough he knew of two, one less than 20 miles away and another more than 200 miles away. I went and looked at the first one and bought it a week later, but that was after countless dead ends and hours of frustration. Keep trying and be sure to exhaust all the local leads first by contacting everyone you can think of and everyone in the phone book who might know where one is.

Silver R/T

youll find yours someday, dont give up hope
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Crazy Larry

have you kept watch over ebay motors?

I had two HUGE disappointments until I found my Charger - and the one that I finally got was light-years better than the two that I lost.

Remember, in Charger Land - there is a Charger out there for you and life is just steering you towards it.
Keep going, and then let us know when you find one. ;)

- Ryan

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Supercharged Riot on April 30, 2006, 10:31:09 PM
I just might face it. Ive been saving up for almost 2 years (at the end of this August). Ive ran into deals while I was at it. My first break was just over a year ago. THis guy in Rancho Cucamonga CA. was selling a 69 Charger (with a 68 front grill) for $9,000. I was REALLY after a 68. but for $9,000 that was a steal. No rust. it was all there, just no carpet. I had to let it go because I coulsnd get a loan on it because I only had like 5-6 K for it.

1 year later...

2nd time around was back last December. THis lady 2 miles from me had what Ive dreamed of having. Black (its really B5 blue because i saw the paint underneath the upholostry..the lady thought she was slick) on black 68 charger. some paint imperfections, loose headliner "no rust" 383. $17,000-18,000.....I had $13. GIMME A BREAK.

To put it simple. If I dont find one for the price I save up by the end of the summer (or by the end of this year December 06'). Im giving it all up for a new-er high performance car (used one of course). It just aint worth it for how much I make. plus I have been cutting activities (including lots of friends) just so that I can guarentee Ill get a certain amount of money every month for the past 2 years (trust me, it hasnt been a fun life).

Everytime I get an opportunity to get one. That person is always pricing it beyond my reach. At the end of the year I should rack i about $22-$25K. If the prices of these things go up (gas prices arent helping either) then it must be an impression that it aint worth it anymore

Can someone slap some sense into me (so that I can have a little more hope & faith)? or am I actually making a logical point? Those EVO's are starting to look good (I can get a good used one for about $22-$25K too)

They are around. Saw a 1968 Charger R/T A/C car, number matching this morning on Newsday classified for $ 12,000!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

TruckDriver

I had 2 rare chargers in the past. The one I have now more less just fell into my hands, but it is not really what I wanted. I bought it even though I was looking more for a R/T or Rallye or any '68 to '74 BB car other then the '72 SE. The only reason I' m not really happy with mine is I don't care for the small rear quarter windows. BUT, I will keep it til I do find what I want. No reason you can't do the same thing. Least it is something.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

sunfire69

Supercharged,
Where are you and what are you looking for.
Jerry

71440charger

Stay Strong yours will find you. you cannot find a charger it has to find you. keep looking and it will find you .
The Killer Cam

PocketThunder

I bought a 68 field car for $500 almost 2 years ago.  I'll have $18,000 into it by the time i am done,  and i did everything myself except for the mud and paint work.  The price of 2nd gen chargers are thru the roof so you will need to keep searching near and far like Bull said and one day it'll pop up.  
It sucks to give up partying to save for a car.  I did that when i was in my early 20's and i regret it now.  I spent my prime years in the garage when i should have been in the bars trying to get laid.

If you're serious i have a friend with a Cali car that he is looking to sell next month.  Its here in MN.  68, 318 auto a/c  yellow, black interior.  and it is mint!

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Blown70

What are you speaking about here is one in OUR VERY OWN CLASS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13080.0/topicseen.html

Or you looking for something different....

Tom

terrible one

Yeah, as Tom pointed out

The classifieds section on this board is a great place to find a car, just keep looking. It really depends what you want in the car. What options? What engine? Numbers matching? R/T? etc.

BigBlockSam

QuoteThe classifieds section on this board is a great place to find a car 
:iagree:

i found my 69se there for a great price. don't give up. when you least expected it will happen
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Orange_Crush

Just keep looking...you'll find one.  And if you don't, you'll still have 12 grand saved up.  Don't blow it on a car that depreciates!  Either spend it on a Charger, or use it as a down payment on a house (or put it in a CD).
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

SuBLimE 69

Make it 3 years and you can have mine for 30  :icon_smile_approve: :devil:

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

JimShine

Quote from: bull on April 30, 2006, 11:32:01 PM
You can't lose something you never had. ;)

There is alot of truth to that. I had Charger fever all my life. But man, just when you think it can't get any stronger, wait until you actually have one! You think that part of that dies down once you own one, but it actually morphs into a whole other other thing. I can't imagine not having one and the thought of my car being laid up for any length of time just kills me.

mikepmcs

Quote from: JimShine on May 01, 2006, 05:20:27 PM
Quote from: bull on April 30, 2006, 11:32:01 PM
You can't lose something you never had. ;)

There is alot of truth to that. I had Charger fever all my life. But man, just when you think it can't get any stronger, wait until you actually have one! You think that part of that dies down once you own one, but it actually morphs into a whole other other thing. I can't imagine not having one and the thought of my car being laid up for any length of time just kills me.

:iagree:

"Those EVO's are starting to look good"

and what's this statement, i should slap you for that alone!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BigBlockSam

Quotethe thought of my car being laid up for any length of time just kills me.

your so rite.  all three of my chargers are apart now, boy do i miss them. i'm still driving my roadrunner clone and my rod but there's something about a charger that you just can't match. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Supercharged Riot

They are around. Saw a 1968 Charger R/T A/C car, number matching this morning on Newsday classified for $ 12,000!

Ur kiddin me?! I check all of the car sites that sell chargers and I couldnt find a deal like that. It sounds like a local add

Supercharged Riot

Quote from: sunfire69 on May 01, 2006, 10:05:48 AM
Supercharged,
Where are you and what are you looking for.
Jerry

Im in Southern California. Riverside CA.

What Im loooking for:

68' Charger

Color: Preferably black (But im pretty flexible with the exterior color since the car is rare). Interior (Im really aching to find Black interior, but great consideration can be used if the condistion of the body is satisfied...)

Condition: NO RUST! (Depending on the price..i know i know. But im willing to fork out anywhere from 20-25K for it and for that price range I expect absolutly no rust because of my major flexibility of what kind of engine it will have...)

Engine: I DONT CARE. 440? well life is grand aint it. 383? My preference for that price range. 318? well....I hope the the body is in immaculate condition at least)

Other options: A/C, hood signal lights, vinyl top, I dont care.

Shift: preferably console shifter. If its a column shifter...Hey...I still want a charger dont I?

Anyways. I thank you guys for he support n all. Im going to take my mind off of this whole "not enough money for a Charger" deal and let it fly until December hits. because thats when I stop my "no friends" habit. Ill have enough equity to walk into any deal and buy what I want by then.

So I guess Ill keep a low profile until I have...(even) more money..

------------------------------
Posted by: PocketThunder 
Insert Quote

"It sucks to give up partying to save for a car.  I did that when i was in my early 20's and i regret it now.  I spent my prime years in the garage when i should have been in the bars trying to get laid.

If you're serious i have a friend with a Cali car that he is looking to sell next month.  Its here in MN.  68, 318 auto a/c  yellow, black interior.  and it is mint!"

Paul
in St. Paul
----------------------------------------
-Ill check it out when that deal comes around. Thanks for the heads up. Im gaining the $$$ for the time being. Im doing a good job so far.
Oh yeah. Thats why Im quitting my "charger funding" habit by the end of this year. Im in my mid 20's right now, and I also feel like I should be enjoying other things as well (including getting laid). Its kinds funny how you mention it. Ive been so selfish with my earnings that I had a few friends ask me for money..(my Charger money) and I take it personal. hahahahhhaha. I was saying in my head after turning my friends away "NO ONE GETS BETWEEN ME AND MY CHARGER"

----------------------------------------

"Those EVO's are starting to look good"

and what's this statement, i should slap you for that alone!

****SLAP****** Holy $***! did I say THAT!

DodgeChargerNeeded

For one thing you can look and look for deals but the more you look the fewer you seem to find because you have already saw them all. Anyway I had my 2nd charger from early 2002 to early 2006 and sold it. I regretted it so i looked non stop day and night and couldn't find a deal to save my butt. The 69 Charger  I finally ended up with is 100 times nicer than anything I looked at and its a car I've known about for 6+ years and I just happened to catch the guy when he was ready to sell it. EXACTLY 1 week later another guy I had known for 8+ years was going through a divorce and had to sell a SUPER SOLID 68 project so I ended up with that car also. Neither car was listed for sale just happened to get lucky 2 weeks in a row. The 69 Charger was 10 miles from my house and the 68 Charger was 25 miles from my house. Let it be known deals can still be had without travelling cross country and being screwed on ebay. So don't give up a deal will come along.
Jeff

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Supercharged Riot on May 01, 2006, 07:08:21 PM

Ur kiddin me?! I check all of the car sites that sell chargers and I couldnt find a deal like that. It sounds like a local add

Not kidding. Go to Newsday website and go under "automoive classified - collectibles auto's" It's here in LI, NY. If you are interested I could go take photo's for ya.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

AKcharger

Nah, Take it from me, I have 2 Chargers and their Stupid cars, don't waste your time.

(Trying to help you rationalize)

89MOPAR

I'd consider straightening out your credit first .
If you had 5K and needed to borrow $ 4 K to equal   9K and couldn't get the loan , that is a problem.
Hopefully you have gotten approved for a $12 K loan  currently to add to your $13K saved .  Otherwise
you will be bumming when you find the perfect $25K car....
   Good luck .
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

ChargerAndy

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on May 01, 2006, 09:35:46 AM
Quote from: Supercharged Riot on April 30, 2006, 10:31:09 PM

1 year later...

I will vouch for that, I saw the same ad today tho I think it was $12.5 I believe a real RT??....... there was also a 67 listed for the same price, different phone number tho. Newsday classifieds under "collectable cars". There is almost never Mopars in that catagory. 
    ok, i just tried to find the ad online to give you a link...... not coming up so if you want I can get the number out of the paper for ya tomorrow.

UPDATE: the number for that charger is 631-457-3309.
     It is listed as follows: Dodge 1968 charger RT ac car orig 440 mtr needs finish restoration $12,500

ChargerAndy

UPDATE: the number for that charger is 631-457-3309.
     It is listed as follows: Dodge 1968 charger RT ac car orig 440 mtr needs finish restoration $12,500

The area code makes it a Suffolk County, Long Island , New York location. Good luck, Andy