News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green Chargers

Started by aerolith, December 30, 2017, 05:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerolith

I'm always amazed how 21st Century Folks are so anti GREEN!  :icon_smile_tongue: :eek2: :nutkick: :misbehaving: :frog: :cryin: :icon_smile_approve: :icon_smile_question:
Strange really when it was such a desirable colour back in the late 60's.

Or is it that green cars were better looked after and thats why some many more have survived??? :shruggy: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I found loads of green Chargers on the WeB, must be getting popular again? :popcrn:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

DMCL green or yellow? the debate continues lol... :scratchchin:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Mytur Binsdirti

It has to be the right shade of green and the right shade of green on the the right year. For instance, your examples: right green but on the wrong year car = bad...

The same greens on the right year cars = good...

Here's an example of a good green...

DISCLAIMER: If the above vehicle had a green roof, the good in that shade of green would be negated by the green vinyl.

And here's an example of a not so good green, made even worse with the addition of a green vinyl roof...

And a full green interior makes it three times worse:

You can take this info to the bank.    :2thumbs:

Dino

I'll take F8 over that sublime stuff any day. But like everything else here it's just an opinion. You can paint these cars with a set of crayons and it will still be an awesome car.    :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

aerolith

Green is GOOD, but Green guts is BAD!!!

Shame really as my mates C500 is VERY Green everywhere, even the money he bought it with was GREEN TOO! :smilielol:

ITS NOT EASY BEING GREEN, ask Kermie... :icon_smile_tongue:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Dino

The green interior is bad for sure, I have one! It's an ugly green and there's way too much of it. I feel the same about the blue and red interiors though, too much and too plastic looking...but it beats green.   :D

My car used to be F8 in and out with a white top. If only the interior had been white I'd consider taking it back to stock specs...minus the 318 that is...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

aerolith

Beware of the Green Police...
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Midnight green, best to look at this after 12 pm methinks, but hey at least there's some wood in there... :slap:

Loving the dash handle, makes it look like a real fast car... :scratchchin:

Whats with FOUR pedals???  Way too many for most Folks...
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

But this guy knows he's right on the GREENBACKS...

SHOW ME THE BENJAMINS, he's finkin? :scratchchin:
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

ACUDANUT

I like some shades of green, but to look into a toilet and say "hey I like that color" is just wrong.  :brickwall:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 30, 2017, 10:20:45 AM
I like some shades of green, but to look into a toilet and say "hey I like that color" is just wrong.  :brickwall:

Just an FYI. A normal healthy bowel movement is usually some shade of BROWN. Not green . You may need to see a doctor. No offense intended....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

aerolith

Brown with green tint, thats GY9...lol...
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Charger-Bodie

XH29N0G

Color preferences vary by age and gender.

I grew up with F8 with black interior so my preference doesn't fit with gender norms.  The preference for black though does.   :nana:

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Nacho-RT74

There is still something about the F5 doesn't convince me really yet, but I dig into the F8 and Sublime green ( which is the code for it ? )

F3 is nice too, but not like the others... I think REALLY LIKED that F3 with green top thought!

I'm agreed some bodies suits better on some colors, other ones not that good. I don't think a Sublime suit fits "perfect" on a 2nd gen, not even on a 70 being an option on them. Simply is OK and I can take it, althought maybe not on a 68/69 like on a 70. Better on a Chally, Swinger or Demon ( just talking about Dodge... of course applies the same for Plymouths )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69 OUR/TEA

And here's an example of a not so good green, made even worse with the addition of a green vinyl roof...

Wow !!! That's actually my favorite !!!!! LOL

Davtona

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 30, 2017, 08:47:08 AM

So does this car have a green or black interior? My guess is green. And is this not one of your current or previous cars?

BIGBLCK11

F8 is the only good green IMO.  

Thanks R.C. For that BURNED-IN image!@&#.  :eek2:

Thanks mods!  

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Davtona on December 30, 2017, 01:52:29 PM

So does this car have a green or black interior? My guess is green. And is this not one of your current or previous cars?

I think can see a green dash
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

darbgnik

Whatever green is parked next to my sublime 70 really pops in person. I was also torn between Sublime and Green Go when it was paint time. It is kind of strange however, that I like red and blue interiors, but not green.

Green was a popular color back then no doubt. The house I grew up in had green appliances in the kitchen, and gold porcelain in the bathrooms!
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

69wannabe

A local guy in my town has a 68 charger R/T 440 car that is solid green. I think it is F8 green, it is the darker metallic green and he bought it brand new. It could use some work but it is in pretty good shape. It is an automatic on the column and i'm pretty sure it has the green interior. It has been several years since I have seen it but I talked to him awhile back and he just stopped driving it he said. He has a 69 charger 383 car that is in great shape to but I haven't seen it in awhile either. I know he still has them but they haven't been out on the road in awhile.....

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Davtona on December 30, 2017, 01:52:29 PM

Nope, that's not mine, here's my car...

68RT440

While green wouldn't be my first choice for a vinyl top or interior, I like them when they are restored properly and fresh looking. Our Charger is factory black with a green top and interior and we are restoring the car back to that combination. I think it will look cool. I know its not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but Ive never seen another one with that combo...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me