News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

broken dougs header cutout

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, August 13, 2017, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

one of my cutouts has stopped opening up. the car never even gets friggin wet....... im a little upset they dont exactly have a ton of cycles on them. im gettig 12v at the plug so it should be opening. anyone take one of these apart before? i didnt know if theres a known part that craps out or not.

Mick70RR

Get someone to press the switch while you try to assist it open. It may just be a bit gummed up and once you get it open it may work ok.
1970 Road Runner, 505 cid, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears
11.98 @ 117 on street treads

firefighter3931

Hit it with some PB Blaster !   :paintingpink:  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Bronzedodge

Kroil, time and patience.  Or Acetone and old ATF, mixed 50/50.
Mopar forever!

Brightyellow69rtse

i got distracted ffrom it cue my damn tailights or parking lights dont work. brake lights work and turn signals work both front and back.  so far im getting no where....

mopar0166

I just replaced the motors in mine.   they are easy to work on.  I cleaned them while I had them apart.   BTW you can get replacement motors for like 40 bucks which is nice.   

don't know why it would just stop but I slight bent one once that did that. I took it apart and straightened it been good ever since.