News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger garage barn find today amazing time capsule

Started by moparstuart, June 03, 2017, 04:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

How's Chris doing ?   You driving that Hemi yet ???
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on August 24, 2020, 03:07:54 AM
How's Chris doing ?   You driving that Hemi yet ???

Nope, haven't touched it. :rotz:

Too much other crap going on. :brickwall:

moparstuart

I know what u mean life gets in the way.   I only have 3 toes on my left foot.  Still healing from that last October.

GMP440

I love this thread.  Saw the fender tag posted here?  FF1 color is light green metallic. You did a great job cleaning up the original paint.
  My 68 Coronet is almost the same color as your Charger, but the darker TT-1; medium green metallic. Mine has the same green  vinyl top , interior, etc.

moparstuart

Quote from: GMP440 on August 24, 2020, 10:00:45 AM
 I love this thread.  Saw the fender tag posted here?  FF1 color is light green metallic. You did a great job cleaning up the original paint.
  My 68 Coronet is almost the same color as your Charger, but the darker TT-1; medium green metallic. Mine has the same green  vinyl top , interior, etc.
Cleaned  the top  alittle have not touched the paint , just water  . 

moparstuart

Valve cover look great  , and make the engine look much better . Shouldnt leak anymore so i can slowly clean up the rest of the motor 

moparstuart

up on the lift now needs a new freeze plug  

moparstuart

need new trans rear seal and  rear end pinion seal those are next

moparstuart

the trans had very little metal in the pan and the inside and valve body look fantastic for 52 years old  and having sat for 33 years 

ACUDANUT

Quote from: moparstuart on August 24, 2020, 08:17:25 AM
I know what u mean life gets in the way.   I only have 3 toes on my left foot.  Still healing from that last October.

Sorry Stu. They do grow back. Glad your active again. !!

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 24, 2020, 03:42:16 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 24, 2020, 08:17:25 AM

Sorry Stu. They do grow back. Glad your active again. !!
well i dont get around to well  , but with covid  my job moved me home and im going to get to stay and work from home permanently   ;)

ACUDANUT

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

GMP440

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 26, 2019, 08:17:59 PM
Quote from: jefferson on September 26, 2019, 07:32:35 AM
Man. What an absolute waste. Trailing the charger around instead of driving and enjoying it. Why even bother..

Had to be the one to say it.

After having it 2 years, you haven't done anything to make it roadworthy or anything? Really? Are you going to be another one of those guys that tells people..."I'm going to restore it someday" and that day never comes?   :slap:

Also, not to insult it but.... your title..."Perfect car" ? It sure is nice but I have never seen a perfect car.

I thought this was a message board in which we support each other, not criticize.  It's his car and he can do what he wants with it. 
  Lets support the owner for his due diligence in saving the car. 
  For all we know , if the current buyer never bought the car , the owner would have sold it to someone who would turn around and flip it or worse part it out.

moparstuart

Quote from: GMP440 on August 24, 2020, 06:25:33 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on September 26, 2019, 08:17:59 PM
Quote from: jefferson on September 26, 2019, 07:32:35 AM
Man. What an absolute waste. Trailing the charger around instead of driving and enjoying it. Why even bother..

Had to be the one to say it.

After having it 2 years, you haven't done anything to make it roadworthy or anything? Really? Are you going to be another one of those guys that tells people..."I'm going to restore it someday" and that day never comes?   :slap:

Also, not to insult it but.... your title..."Perfect car" ? It sure is nice but I have never seen a perfect car.

I thought this was a message board in which we support each other, not criticize.  It's his car and he can do what he wants with it.  
 Lets support the owner for his due diligence in saving the car.  
 For all we know , if the current buyer never bought the car , the owner would have sold it to someone who would turn around and flip it or worse part it out.
or put a modern hemi in it   :icon_smile_big:  :smilielol:   thanks for the support  .  Ive got broad  shoulder and been here a long time so i know the usual trolls .  Its sad they have run off alot of the good old gang who used to hang out here miss those times .  

ACUDANUT

Stu, is the A/C working ? This heat is a killer.

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 25, 2020, 02:47:49 PM
Stu, is the A/C working ? This heat is a killer.
next  step to fill and see if it works  , pinions seal has been kicking our 
ass ,  didnt remember there are three different ones  for 8 3/4s  and none of the prts stores tell you this .  4 parts stores and 5 different seals later finally got the right one  

moparstuart

Not a 5 dollar seal anymore either    :icon_smile_big:  thanks nacho for the seal chart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

new fluids in and ready to charge the A/C and see if it works