News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

broadcast sheets, registries, etc

Started by 0X01B8, April 24, 2006, 12:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0X01B8

Been thinking about broadcast sheets.  I don't have mine.  I found a piece the size of a fingernail taped to the back of my glove-box and I found one for a '68 Dart under the carpet for some reason. I've also got one from a '68 Charger that I bought for parts years ago.  Anyway, it would be nice to have a site where you could type in a VIN and see if it's found, or post it as lost.  One spot that brings everybody's data together in one place, instead of posting on different forums and then, like D-C, that go under unexpectedly and all the lost/found data disappears into the ether.  The site wouldn't give out personal info, it would email the person with the found sheet and hook them up with the person looking for the sheet.  It would just be a middleman.  I could *so* make that happen; it's the kind of web stuff I do for a living.

It would be even better to go to the next logical step and merge the data from all the different registries out there.  Then we could easily and quite instantly, on the web mind you - for everybody to use - see what's the rarest combo of options.  Or, the most popular options.  Or whatever you can think of.  Ya know, stuff like, how many known R/Ts are currently in Utah AND have Turquoise paint AND are stripe delete cars.  Whatever.

What do you think?  I just want to find my sheet, which I know is rather hopeless, but I also think it would be a really great, free tool for every owner.  I'm afraid, however, that people who have spent years building semi-private collections won't want to share their data like this.  That whole protecting your franchise thing.  But, really, the system I envision won't have a physical existence.  Once it's setup it would run itself.  Like I said, it would be a middleman.  There's probably people out there with a stack of fender tags or broadcast sheets that would like to get them to the owner, if possible.  What do you think?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mopar1

Dodge Don

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Dodge Don on April 26, 2006, 05:46:52 PM
Can't we all just get alongĀ  :cheers:

I'm thinking you're just looking for any old excuse to drink since I haven' t seen anyone in this thread argue.  Hell here  :cheers: have a beer on me  ;)

Alaskan_TA

Thanks for the mention Chris, I do have 100s of items listed from other plants too.  ;)

If anyone has a broadcast sheet, fender tag, consumer information sheet, dealership records or whatever, I encourage you to send them in or at least a photo copy to the appropriate Registry for that make and model. If there is not a Registry for what you have, I will list it on the Hamtramck site if you send in the original, Ii will also let you know if and when it is claimed. Most Registry websites have links to several other Registries, so take a look.

The guys that run the registries cooperate quite a bit, we keep our eyes and ears peeled for each other.  :yesnod:

If you are looking for an item you can check the "found" section of my site as Chris mentioned, and you can also go to www.google.com and use your VIN as a search word, if anything for your car is listed it should come up.

Best of luck,
Barry