News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best way to find a Charger

Started by Zeppelin264, April 24, 2006, 12:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeppelin264

Hi, im new to the forums and i would like to know where the best places are to buy the B-Body style's for a decent price. I have access to an automotive shop and i can do most of the work myself to make it run etc...

ive wanted one of these cars since i was 15 and im 21 now... :( but the price of these are so rediculous..

please help!!

thanks

Mike DC

No big secrets . . . just Ebay & classifieds & crusing the backstreets. 

It helps to stay off the ideal model/year combos.  Getting the styling that's most popular will cost you dearly.   On the other hand a Dodge Coronet or Plymouth Satellite is mechanically identical to a Charger of the same year, but for thousands less in price.  You could build up one of those cars, and later change the hi-po pieces over to a Charger bodyshell when you find one you can afford.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

--  DON'T BUY CARS WITH STRUCTURAL RUST.  Rusty floorpans? okay.  Quarter skins?  okay.  Framerails?  NO.
Structural rust is fixable, but it's just bad financial planning to buy one of these projects.  In many cases it would be a lot cheaper to just literally take out a loan from a bank and buy a better car than to get into a serious chassis repair on a total rustbucket.

--  That commandment is followed by a close second: DON'T BUY INCOMPLETE CARS, AT LEAST NOT UNTIL YOU'VE ALREADY BUILT SEVERAL OF THEM BEFORE.  These days the "small stuff" is just as expensive as the big stuff.  And on your first car, you won't even know exactly what is missing when you go looking for it.

mikepmcs

Go to the "on line swap meet" section of this site .  First one says cars for sale.  Most of the guys on this sight seem to be pretty honest cause they all seem to know one another and meet up at various places.  Find one you like, in your price range and start asking plenty of questions and get plenty of pictures with specific details of what you want to see.
Good Luck!
:icon_smile_big:
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

y3chargerrt

Have the money ready if you do happen to find a decent deal. Cash talks BS walks.