News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rare superbird options?

Started by superbirdtom, February 13, 2017, 01:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbirdtom

are there any superbirds out there that came with the 4 way speaker system found on other 70 b bodies?  there are two factory speakers on the dash and a chrome knob down low on the dash about where an airgrabber switch is on a roadrunner.  You could adjust the speakers from front to back I believe.   weve all seen the rare electric window bird. or how about cruise control was it available on a b body possible a bird?  Thanks!

RealWing

Not to imply it never happened, but all the Chrysler info I've seen says the rear seat speakers were n/a. All other Road Runner options were available except for the ones listed. So if cruise control was a RR option (engine dependent) , it would have been available.
1970 Superbird 440-6bbl
1969 Barracuda 340 Formula S
1969 Barracuda convertible  6.1 L Hemi
2015 BMW K1600 GTL

superbirdtom

Thanks for the info I really liked the option list you provided.  So most if not all just had the one center speaker non stereo system? I wonder if the GTX being the pimped out version of b bodies had the speaker system or the center dash speaker and two side dash speaker systems maybe available on many other b bodies but superbird was very limited as heck it was a RACECAR!  Does anyone have pics of a 3 speaker dashboard?:popcrn:

6bblgt

for the 1968-'70 b-body the only 3-speaker dash was for the AM Radio w/8-track STEREO tape
a single rear speaker was OPTIONAL

the 1969-'70 AM/FM was NOT STEREO
a single rear speaker was OPTIONAL

technically a 440 4bbl could be ordered w/Automatic Speed Control

superbirdtom

Thank you for the info. I being an audiophile surley just thought that in 1970 with the in dash 8 track player there had to be some b-bodies with at least two rear speakers and the front center one -and you could switch between or even out the sound with the speaker switch located on the bottom of the dash board. maybe the b-bodies with the two front speakers on right and left of the center speaker could mix the sound in some way.  i guess it will take someone with the dash speakers and factory speaker switch to chide in to exactly how this system works.  I guess that most likely no superbird came with this rare option.

A far as cruise control on a bird that option was also never put on a bird. I know mopar had cruise control option going way back and could be the mystery source of electrical shorts.   Thanks to all.