News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger RT rims

Started by Arbitrage123, January 27, 2017, 09:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arbitrage123

So I am looking to put the original size rims back on my charger (previous owner had extra wide on the back). Does anyone know the factory size for an RT. Does anyone have an opinion of the best rims for the classic look?

BLK 68 R/T

Hi, stock rims would have been 14", unless it's a hemi car. IMO magnums look the best as far as original style rims.

Dino

I had 14" road wheels with trim rings on mine. But I really don't like the skinny tire look on these cars. I do like 15" steelies with dog dishes and fat tires. It gives you that classic look and fills the wheel wells.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

303 Mopar

You will not like 14" wheels on this big body.  Plus there is very limited selection of tires.  Why not go with 15" at least?
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Sublime/Sixpack

15" Chrome Magnum 500's would look good.  :yesnod:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Arbitrage123

Quote from: Dino on January 29, 2017, 08:42:16 AM
I had 14" road wheels with trim rings on mine. But I really don't like the skinny tire look on these cars. I do like 15" steelies with dog dishes and fat tires. It gives you that classic look and fills the wheel wells.

Do you know how wide you can go on the back tires and still fit with stock suspension?

Dino

I know guys running 15x10 without problems as long as the backspacing is in the 5 - 5.5" range.
This is SFRT's car. I think these are 10 wide as well with 295s. Maybe they're 8s...
Anyway, you can get tires in the low 300 width and still fit but backspacing is everything.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.