News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So how do you find out what a Charger is really worth?...

Started by nakita7, January 15, 2017, 03:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nakita7

"It's only worth what someone is willing to pay."

It's not Uncle Bill, it's not your insurance company (just think about it for a minute), it's not the guys in the car club (unless one of them buys it). It's what someone at an auction (OR in the marketplace) is willing to pay for it. Now a live auction has the hype and the alcohol, and CAN be a good gauge, but I have said this to people over and over who ask me this question..."Throw it on Ebay at no reserve and you will find out exactly what it's 'worth'". Case in point:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252722087250?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You can't go wrong. You will know when the clock stops on the auction whether you overpaid for the car trying to flip it, whether you spent way too much on the resto or simply whether or not you made, or have, a good investment. Facts are facts...

alfaitalia

Still proves nothing about it's value...just proves what one person was willing to pay that day that all the other watching bidders weren't. Who knows...if you had listed it a day later someone else may have seen it...some one who wanted it more...and may have paid a lot more for it.
You only have to see the rusty old nail..that sells for a fortune one day...and then the nice resto that did not even reach it's reserve the next to see that...The right person just did not happen to see the good one that time. You can see this almost daily on the bay of e!
I think a well advertised auction that puts it's auction details on just about every platform a Mopar fan may look with plenty of notice, reaching the maximum number of potential buyers is probably the best way of finding the max price that someone will actually pay...and therefore it's real market value....at least for that day!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Troy

If you had 10 identical cars the value could be different for each based on location and date. Just look at brand new cars! Heck, even groceries. I was poking around some cost of living figures the other day and found out that common food items are about 3% cheaper where I was looking - and it's within 100 miles! The driving factor though is "did it sell". So if I'm selling 100 pieces per day and that drops to 90 then I should adjust my price until sales pick up again. If 100 guys were selling 1 per day then whoever adjusts last is going to have their stuff for a while. This is harder when you're dealing with cars that are unique (quality of "restoration", amount of rust, options, originality, rarity, etc.). There's not really a gauge that says "#2 quality car with base model options" is worth XX% less than a "#3 quality car that is highly desirable". It's all about the buyer.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

XH29N0G

This discussion reminds me of discussions in a philosophy class (I think) I took when I was younger.

I like it, but don't understand it. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Cncguy

Colors seem to have a big impact on price, for example green seems to be the lowest priced.

1974dodgecharger