News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

O.k. we have a What year is your car... how about...What RIMS?

Started by Khyron, August 10, 2005, 08:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

terrible one

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 19, 2009, 12:30:32 AM
Let's bump this back. I have vintage Cragars w/ fat Firestones on the back of the Charger and Vector style wheels w/ Radial T/As on back. Duster has stock steel wheels w/ hubcaps.

I thought your Charger had AR 200s wheels on the back

69*F5*SE

I have original Ford 15" Magnum 500's.  I really like them but, one day I'll pick up a set slots maybe.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: terrible one on April 19, 2009, 11:37:55 AM
Let's bump this back. I have vintage Cragars w/ fat Firestones on the back of the Charger and Vector style wheels w/ Radial T/As on back. Duster has stock steel wheels w/ hubcaps.

I thought your Charger had AR 200s wheels on the back

Nope, they're Cragars.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

WingCharger

What does your Coronet have? :icon_smile_big: :D :nana:

69bronzeT5

CB

found some nice torque trust D's on craigslist  :2thumbs:

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

WingCharger

Quote from: resq302 on April 19, 2009, 04:15:29 PM
Christian, those rims make that car!
:iagree:

I like any of the following wheels:
1. Spyder Wheels
2. Slot Mags
3. Cragar SS's
5. Magnum 500's
6. Halibrands
7. MoPar Drag Steelies

Musicman

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on April 19, 2009, 11:27:41 AM

cool, beautiful car.  like how you filled the rear wheel well with the size of tires  :2thumbs:  what is up with the before and after with the paint?   did you buff and wax that thing for a day and half?   or a new paint job?

Yes & No...

Yes - The car was freshly buffed and waxed in the After shot  :thumbs:
No - No new paint (yet)... Just the way the sun was hitting the fresh wax job that day  :2thumbs:

Thanks for the comments, very much appreciated  :yesnod:

SeattleCharger

What a difference,  I can appreciate that.   Here is my bronco (was on page 2 talking about polishing aluminum rims with Mothers polish).   '87 truck, paint is factory, 22 year year old paint.  Used a mild liquid rubbing compound with orbital waxer and pad when I got it, then a coat of McQuires 26 wax once a year, put on by hand, then rubbed over once with orbital buffer with terri cloth pad,  then don't let it dry too long, do it in shade,  then wipe it off with clean terry cloths.  The lighting is just right in these pics also, does make it look better.    aluminum rims cleaned once a year with Mothers  (I had to paint the hood, kind of flat black, less glare when driving, although it was an accident it came out that way)
  sorry for off topic

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

69bronzeT5

I love that truck! My dad's is more beat up. Rusty quarters around the wheel well area and somebody kicked in the door.

SeattleCharger

thanks cody!  , well, the pics are flattering, it has a good sized dent on passenger side, behind passenger door?, angle is perfect in pic to hide it, and some rust on bottom of tailgate and in track above drivers door,  misc. scratches and dings, oh well, its a 4x4, good enough the way it is,   :icon_smile_big:    try buffin out and waxing your dads bronco, might make a big difference,  the before and after pictures of the red 1st gen charger a few posts up (musicman's) is a big difference, 

Musicman

Yes, the paint had been buffed and waxed for that second shot... I even broke out the soap bar cleaner for that one. This was probably the first time in years that the old paint finish had been stripped back and reworked. It can make a big difference sometimes, depending on how many layers of old wax and stuff are still on there from past years.
:cheers:

2Gunz

Foose

18's in the Back
17's in the front

Love em

tommymac

I have 7"X15 Superior Mags on it now ,but will soon have 8X15 TT2's,the superior's are unilug and getting sorta old.

bill440rt

1) My '68: Either Convo Pros with BFG Radial T/A's, or 14" Magnums with Redlines.

2) R/T: 15x7 Rallye's with Polyglas GT's.

3) Project '69: Foose Challenger wheels, 19" out back & 18" up front.

BTW, just a side note, but RIMS are for bicycles. Cars have WHEELS.  :D
Just a slight peeve of mine...
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Musicman

Quote from: bill440rt on April 20, 2009, 08:56:04 PM
BTW, just a side note, but RIMS are for bicycles. Cars have WHEELS.  :D
Just a slight peeve of mine...
:Twocents:

Actually... a rim and a wheel form one complete assembly. With a "modern" rim/wheel, the rim is the outer metal ring or band that holds the tire and the air within it, and the wheel is the disc within the rim that attaches to the vehicle. My Cragar Street Pro 390's for instance are a composite assembly... they're comprised of an aluminum wheel attached to a steel rim.  :cheers:
Of course you can break anything down even further... the wheel and hub assembly for instance... but then we'd have to discuss the difference between "Hub Caps" & "Wheel Covers". :lol:

Bottom Line... The two terms are considered interchangeable in modern times.

There, now you don't have to feel peeved anymore  :2thumbs: ... or maybe now you have even more things to get peeved about  :lol:

SeattleCharger

? wonder what the biggest (tallest) size rim anyone put on the rear of a charger?    I was in a tire/wheel shop yesterday and they had a 15 sitting next to a 26 on the floor in showroom,  what a difference, the 15 looked small,  neither had tires on them.     I know 19's have been put on ,   maybe somewhere on this site I saw a pic of someone that put rubber band tires and 22's?  or 20's?  can't remember, think it was a grey primered 69,

dkn1997

Quote from: 2Gunz on April 20, 2009, 08:47:45 AM

Foose

18's in the Back
17's in the front

Love em

can someone photoshop this car red with black vinyl top?  I bought these same rims and want to see what they look like!
RECHRGED

clanton

Appliance Wire Mags from the 70s, w/ Appliance spinners.
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

SFRT

7x15 on the front
10x15 on the back

black steel wheels with redline centercaps on firestone firehawks

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69bronzeT5