News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

O.k. we have a What year is your car... how about...What RIMS?

Started by Khyron, August 10, 2005, 08:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Khyron on August 13, 2005, 06:20:19 PM
side note.... wonder how good this will work on my new radiator ;)

I use mothers billet polish on my radiator.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

70plumrt

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

2fast4u

Once again   :iagree: with Rob!!   having the rims machine polished makes a huge difference!  My Cousin (the one I had mentioned before) does this as a side job and a hobby!  He started doing it by hand and later invested in a polisher...hand held and bench with all the correct wheels and polishing waxes  (or what ever you call that stuff)!  Sure makes it a lot easier!

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

KMPX2

RTPTRON

plum500

Yee freakin' haw. Just went down to the local tire shop I ordered my stuff from, my new rubber came in today, and they are all mounted up on the rims. Holy crap. Can't wait to get em' on.

Holy crap. Seemed like it was going to be impossible to find the set I wanted -- everybody, performance shops, custom guy, internet sources -- talking 3-4 weeks. Hit the yellow pages, called the only local shop that actually advertised they sold mag wheels, they called their suppliers right away, and hooked me up with the precise combo, brand, and otherwise, in exactly one week. Absolutely no hassle, and a great job. Woot!

4forty

Lowprofile

I'm probably going to go with a "custom" steel wheel. I am going to use aftermarket disc brake setups front and rear, so I was thinking maybe 17"x 10" on the back and 17"x 8" on the front. Paint the wheels the same color as the car, add some dog dishes, and I'm good to go! Stockton Wheel will make any size wheel you want, and I've heard good things about them. Anyone hear anything different?

Although, I do have a weakness for those old school "Anson Aluminum Slots" :D :2thumbs: :punkrocka:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Khyron

I am totally amazed how loved these Slots are.... I always brushed them off as just boreing, but the more I see them on my car... all polished up now... The more I like them.

I just traded a pair of Center Lines I got for free for a pair of 15 in slots :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Neal_J

Sorry no pics, 'cause I'm at work.  I've run three different wheel/tire combinations on my '69: (a) the stock hubcaps with whitewalls, (2) the optional "simulated mag" hubcaps on blackwalls, and (3) '74 Challenger rallye wheels (14x6) with BFG T/As.  The rallyes are on the car now.

Peace,

Neal

psykicpup

we've got Cragars but detailed them in matching blue ('cos they were a bit 'tired') will see if i have a pic and post it later

(edit) no pic will take one & post tomorrow- she's been sitting so they dont look thier best!
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

LahTera

Eew.  Bad topic for me.  Just wiped one of my rear rims out 2 weeks ago.   :'(

Captain, what the heck were those, anyway?  Sure loved 'em.  Now one's crushed.   :'(

LahTera

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69bronzeT5

Let's bump this back. I have vintage Cragars w/ fat Firestones on the back of the Charger and Vector style wheels w/ Radial T/As on back. Duster has stock steel wheels w/ hubcaps.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

resq302

Quote from: 41husk on August 10, 2005, 09:32:02 PM
14" rallys on the Challenger and stock magnums on the Charger.

Same for our 70 chally vert w/ BF Goodrich Radial T/A's can't remember what size.  69 Charger has whats on in the pic, magnums with correct 69 trim ring and F70-14 bias ply tires.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Musicman

I started out with the original 14" stock Tires & Rims, but I changed everything out when I did my front Drum to Disc Brake conversion.
A couple of Before & After shots below as well...

15" Cragar Street Pro 390 rims

Front = 235/60/15 BFG Radial T/A -   7" rims
Rear  = 295/50/15 BFG Radial T/A - 10" rims

Musicman

Sorry... only 4 attachments allowed per post so... Before & After

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

375instroke

Quote from: Lowprofile on August 18, 2005, 06:10:21 PM
Stockton Wheel will make any size wheel you want, and I've heard good things about them. Anyone hear anything different?
I have.  Look here.

375instroke

Quote from: 694spdRT on August 11, 2005, 11:44:43 AM
14" steel wheels with NOS W15 hubcaps and F70-14 Redlines on my '69.

One of the best hub caps I've ever seen.  They make the Hemi caps look like crap.  Too bad they were only 14".

billssuperbird

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Musicman on April 19, 2009, 07:34:17 AM
Sorry... only 4 attachments allowed per post so... Before & After

cool, beautiful car.  like how you filled the rear wheel well with the size of tires  :2thumbs:  what is up with the before and after with the paint?   did you buff and wax that thing for a day and half?   or a new paint job?

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

bigred68

I'm thinking about these wheels. I think they have that Kelsey-Hayes recall wheel look that I kinda like. (But at about 1/4 the cost!)
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=salt+flat&N=700+115&Nao=30&Ntk=KeywordSearch#rstop