News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Complete Rear Floor Assembly For Charger

Started by a12butterscotchbee, November 27, 2016, 02:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a12butterscotchbee

Would like to know if there is interest in a NEW, COMPLETE rear floor assembly for Chargers?

This assembly consist of the following reproduction components:
 * Frame Rails (L/R)
 * Shock Crossmember
 * Rear Crossmember
 * Gas Tank Crossmember w/Strap Brackets Welded Into Position Under Trunk Floor
 * Rear Shackle Brackets (L/R)
 * Under Seat Pan w/Seat Brackets
 * Spare Tire Bracket w/Jack Braces
 * Trunk Floor Pan
 * Inner/Outer Wheel-Housings (L/R) `Note: Not welded-Require Proper Positioning  
 * Rear Lower Charger Valance  Note: Not welded-Require Proper Positioning  
 * Corner Caps (L/R) `Note: Not welded-Require Proper Positioning

Individual components are media blasted only at the areas to be welded with weld-thru primer applied to each surface. The entire assembly is secured/positioned on a bench utilizing a very specific designated setup. Properly locating components and measurements are achieved with tooling pins and tooling to establish accuracy within 1.0 mm overall structural squareness. The two main floor pans are spot-welded to obtain a correct appearance. Structural components are both MIG (where appropriate for additional strength) and spot-welded. The completed assembly is spot-primed at the welded areas  and secured to an oversized  wooden pallet for shipping. There is no upcharge on shipping; just the actual costs. Pickup in person is welcomed (Georgia).

Attached are two images of a recent assembly fabricated for placement into a Charger 500 at our facility. This assembly greatly reduced our aggravation levels, reduced build time by 70 hours, and overall effort. Additional images of the assembly positioned into
the 500 are available if requested.

A shop owner or an individual would certainly benefit from this assembly in terms of overall expense and time which are mutually exclusive to one another.
Price: $6750.00
If credibility is questioned, I encourage you to visit my thread located in the Aero portion of this forum.

Here's to saving all Mopars! :2thumbs:

Mike DC

Offhand reaction:  Nice product to have, but people won't pay that much money. 

I'm not current on prices & demand in the E-body world, but I wonder if what you are proposing might be more popular with that crowd.  That rear clip is not shared with any other bodystyle/year except the most collectible one.  B-body guys have tons of 4drs & wagons to pick from. 

Honestly I think this (along with whole repro body shells) should have been marketed 10-15 years ago.  IMO the repro industry always waits until 2/3rds of the market has already done something the hard way before they believe people will pay for an easier fix. 

a12butterscotchbee

Retort:
Initial or surface reaction based on overall pricing will be what you indicated: "Nice product to have, but people won't pay that much money."
I agree, most people will initially overreact by becoming paralyzed on pricing and making similar comments. However, when considering true costs of purchasing all new components listed and having these components properly welded and assembled into a product that fits correctly, I respectively doubt most restorations shops can come close to that price.
When conducting a projected-analysis, the math makes it a no-brainer for someone who is in need of structurally rebuilding 1/3 of their car; it saves considerable time (t) and effort (e). In mathematical terms: t + e = $   
I also agree panels should have been marketed 10-15 years ago. Regrettably, that did not happen for Mopars and enthusiasts were left with patch panels and used sheetmetal.
Consider how many high end Mopars have been restored over the last 30 years comprised of mediocre sheet metal and body filler? Cars deemed, "Can't be fixed"  can now be rebuilt if conducted properly. It took time but at least there are alternatives.

I can build an E-body rail system, thanks for the suggestion.  :2thumbs: