News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are all non-Mopar engine swaps equally evil?

Started by Mike DC, November 24, 2016, 08:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

Nissan has a new 85lb 3 cylinder 400hp engine. How about twin engine 800hp 170lbs lol

Mike DC

QuoteNissan has a new 85lb 3 cylinder 400hp engine. How about twin engine 800hp 170lbs lol

I would worry about that thing suffering from the problems of bike engines in small cars.  

Not enough mass in the rotating assy for such a big vehicle.  The internals get jerked around (engine braking, etc) and don't last very long.

JB400

I think one could easily get by with an alternative fuel engine just fine in a Mopar.  Otherwise, I think you'd be under too much scrutiny.

djcarguy

Quote from: cbrestorations on November 26, 2016, 12:51:20 PM
Nissan has a new 85lb 3 cylinder 400hp engine. How about twin engine 800hp 170lbs lol

2 in front ??2 in back??  1600 HORSE POWER,HA HA HA    4X4 CHARGER DRIFT CAR???  ??? ???   LS3 AN HAVE FUN...

PrisonHack

I used to bleed ford mustang blue and have had 5 fox bodies. I have a friend that built a notch back with an LS3, I thought that was complete heresy until he took me for a ride in it and told me how little he had invested in the swap, I'm not as brand loyal as I get older.  Didn't they use SBC engines in some of the F&F chargers?

Mike DC

QuoteDidn't they use SBC engines in some of the F&F chargers?

Since F&F#3 they have put SBCs/LS3's in all their old cars.  Chevy, Ford, Mopar, Buick, whatever.  

It's not about horsepower or price, it's serviceability.  Standardized drivetrains means more interchange between cars.  And they can find Chevy stuff anywhere (on earth) on short notice.  

Staying on schedule is an ENORMOUS issue on film sets.  They will wreck a $50,000 car to avoid falling 1 day behind.  They can't afford to spend a week waiting on delivery of 50yo Mopar parts.