News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

some peoples ads

Started by cbrestorations, October 05, 2016, 03:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Which topic would you like to continue on with? :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

cbrestorations

i fixed my misspelled word... ::)

cdr

Quote from: cbrestorations on October 06, 2016, 06:56:46 PM
i fixed my misspelled word... ::)

:2thumbs:  :smilielol:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

JB400

Kern Dog

Well, my Mom is dead and when she passed on, I had no interest in her couch. I have my own that I bought NEW, by the way.

5hunert

Back to the original topic... given the degree of difficulty in replacing the floors and trunk, you kinda hope he put more effort and intelligence into the installation than his advertisment.

Kern Dog

The original topic at hand:

I really dislike reading garbage no matter where it is. A newspaper article, a blog entry, a web forum thread or even an email. I know that many people are indifferent to reading stuff with poor grammar, shitty spelling errors, run-on sentences BUT not me. I see that stuff as an insult to anyone that reads it.
What the heck happened to being proud? If you shower daily and wear clean clothes, it shows that you respect yourself. This should also apply to the written word.
When people hack together a lazy ad for something, my take is that they are either an idiot,  lazy or a person that has no respect for themselves or anyone else. For me, I try to look at other points of view when making my decision. Is the ad creation process difficult? Is "spell check" not available? is the "add pictures" procedure too difficult?  I've posted several ads on that site as well as on ebay and my ads never give the impression that I skipped High School. I never claimed to be a College Professor or an expert in English and I am probably what you'd call "barely computer literate".   I seem to do well for the most part.
Great Bosses that I have had never asked their subordinates to do a job that they are not willing to do. I have taken this trait into many aspects of my life. If I can spell correctly and compile a coherent message, anyone else can. I'm just a High School graduate with a moderate amount of pride.

cbrestorations

is there an emoji for handing someone a cookie?.... ::)

Kern Dog

That is thoughtful.  :2thumbs: What a nice guy.
Make mine a cake. I like cake.

ht4spd307

cbrestorations

alfaitalia

Quote from: ht4spd307 on October 08, 2016, 02:57:42 AM
well that's much goodara

......oh come on.....its bettera.....!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

John_Kunkel

If I corrected every example of misspelling I see on the web, I'd have little time for anything else. I'd rather be a jerk about stuff that matters.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ws23rt

Quote from: John_Kunkel on October 09, 2016, 04:56:20 PM

If I corrected every example of misspelling I see on the web, I'd have little time for anything else. I'd rather be a jerk about stuff that matters.

:2thumbs: Kant we all just komunicate nicly and moov on. ::)

Johnnymopar

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 07, 2016, 08:11:04 PM
The original topic at hand:

I really dislike reading garbage no matter where it is. A newspaper article, a blog entry, a web forum thread or even an email. I know that many people are indifferent to reading stuff with poor grammar, shitty spelling errors, run-on sentences BUT not me. I see that stuff as an insult to anyone that reads it.
What the heck happened to being proud? If you shower daily and wear clean clothes, it shows that you respect yourself. This should also apply to the written word.
When people hack together a lazy ad for something, my take is that they are either an idiot,  lazy or a person that has no respect for themselves or anyone else. For me, I try to look at other points of view when making my decision. Is the ad creation process difficult? Is "spell check" not available? is the "add pictures" procedure too difficult?  I've posted several ads on that site as well as on ebay and my ads never give the impression that I skipped High School. I never claimed to be a College Professor or an expert in English and I am probably what you'd call "barely computer literate".   I seem to do well for the most part.
Great Bosses that I have had never asked their subordinates to do a job that they are not willing to do. I have taken this trait into many aspects of my life. If I can spell correctly and compile a coherent message, anyone else can. I'm just a High School graduate with a moderate amount of pride.

Could not have said it better. 

bull

Quote from: ht4spd307 on October 05, 2016, 09:59:15 PM
didn't know the body comes off the frame  on a charger   :shruggy:

They might depending on how long they've been stuck in the bog.

Kern Dog

There are lots of people that like to come across as being knowledgeable when talking about cars. Car guys are cool guys.
If I tried to talk computer stuff, Lord of the Rings trivia or botany, I'd certainly show my ignorance as fast or faster than the "Fast and Furious" movie script writers.

The terms like "Frame-off" are generic GM terms like POSI. Rarely will you hear a dedicated Mopar guy say "Frame Off". It doesn't make them bad people,just ignorant... :lol: