News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Hemi "Chrome dome" air cleaner filter element...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, September 04, 2016, 01:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

'69 Hemi "Chrome dome" air cleaner filter element...

What is currently available ?

Troy

I think you got your answer... :P

Seriously, when I was messing with putting a Hemi in mine I got an old used element with the air cleaner and never came across anything else to replace it with. NOS ones are scarce and super expensive. FRAM stopped making replacements a while back (and those weren't exactly like the originals any way). There was a company "Classic Haulage" making a reproduction but I have no idea if they are still making them.

K&N E-1920 works I believe. Nothing like the original but cleans the air I suppose.

These were advertised on Moparts but it looks like they only have oval now:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1517422/new-product-18-round-air-filter-hemi-v8-383-440-2-4bbl.html#Post1517422

Not sure if I'd use these:
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/pts/5777675275.html

This is an example of an original:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEMI-Mopar-Performance-OEM-1966-69-Round-Air-Filter-New-Inbox-P4529964-18-NOS-/201642250585

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ws23rt

I think I have a bit of an -OCD- cause I never tossed my old filters for my hemi.  (68 RR)  At the time (the eighties) they were becoming hard to find.
I have three that look to be very serviceable (light dusting)  I changed them back then cause they were cheap and it was something to do to make -me- feel good.
I believe mine are fram and have lots of life in them.
It's just a thought but what I have are not done. --- I have two black ones (likely mopar) and one red one. (maybe a fram).  A bit of air blasting and a wipe is all they need.
Let me know by PM what you think.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: ws23rt on September 12, 2016, 07:46:14 PM
I think I have a bit of an -OCD- cause I never tossed my old filters for my hemi.  (68 RR)  At the time (the eighties) they were becoming hard to find.
I have three that look to be very serviceable (light dusting)  I changed them back then cause they were cheap and it was something to do to make -me- feel good.
It's just a thought but what I have are not done. --- I have two black ones (likely mopar) and one red one. (maybe a fram).  A bit of air blasting and a wipe is all they need.

I think I'm going with the K&N.

It doesn't show once installed and there's nothing original about my car anyway.

Thanks just the same.  :cheers:

cdr

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 15, 2016, 07:31:27 PM
Quote from: ws23rt on September 12, 2016, 07:46:14 PM

I think I'm going with the K&N.

It doesn't show once installed and there's nothing original about my car anyway.

Thanks just the same.  :cheers:

oil type air filter [K&N] are really junk IMOP.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr