News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

other dash pads

Started by red72chrgr, April 16, 2006, 08:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red72chrgr

I was wondering what other dash pads will fit my 72, i.e. Coronet or any other model. My pad is pretty well trashed and was wondering what other options besides JustDashes etc.
Nothing personal, just business

defiance

My understanding is any b-body will fit - coronet, gtx, superbee, and I think there are others ... all models from 71 to 74 I think, as well.  I truly do wish you luck finding one, too!  As a warning, ebay will KILL you for one of those :P

doctorpimp

They are pretty expensive to get a nice one used.
Your best bet would be to:

1.  Buy a plastic "dash cover" around $70 and glue it on (stay away from the cloth ones ;) )
2.  Buy a reproduction from www.justdashes.com I don't know how much,  $300 ???

Finding a "good" old one should be left for the NOS buggies and show cars.  They won't last as well as a restored one, remember the newest ones are 32 years old!
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

defiance

Justdashes is in the $500 range, and had a 14-month turnaround at one point... I dont know if it's better now.  There's also Dashboard restorations (same thing, same price, but a bit faster when I was looking) - www.dashboardrestorations.com).  Both places, you ship them your torn up 'core' dash and the strip it completely to bare metal, re-form new closed-cell foam, and re-apply new, stock textured but apparently more UV-resistant vynil.  End result on my was beautiful... but even at the faster place it took them a month, and was $500... 

Still, after months of looking, finally finding one in great condition on ebay (paid $700 for it!) and seeing it show up on my doorstep with some o' that special "UPS Lovin'" (smashed in side from shipping), I decided I was rather tired of 'the hunt' :)

red72chrgr

Thanks for the replies. Guess I'll just make do with what I've got for now and keep lookin. Maybe do the dash cap deal.
Nothing personal, just business