News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tesla Progress on the Largest Building in the World

Started by 68X426, July 31, 2016, 03:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Mytur Binsdirti

Lithium mining sure doesn't look too environmentally friendly, but when talking about green cars, we can't talk about how dirty that is, can we?   ::)

Mike DC

It looks like they really spoiled a big area of undeveloped natural land with that project.

Too bad the USA doesn't have any other existing run-down industrial areas they could have put it on.  Like, say, populated cities that need blue-collar jobs.  Ideally someplace that is already familiar to car manufacturing.  Lots of highway & rail & water shipping access already there, etc.   

:brickwall:

JB400

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 31, 2016, 10:03:25 PM

It looks like they really spoiled a big area of undeveloped natural land with that project.

Too bad the USA doesn't have any other existing run-down industrial areas they could have put it on.  Like, say, populated cities that need blue-collar jobs.  Ideally someplace that is already familiar to car manufacturing.  Lots of highway & rail & water shipping access already there, etc.   

:brickwall:

There's a thing called taxes.  I'm sure they would have considered an area like your describing if they wouldn't have gotten hit hard by the gov.

Mike DC

Yeah I know.  I wasn't blaming Tesla so much as the govt for fostering the situation.  This is exactly the kind of thing that a decent govt would be preventing.     

crj1968

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 02, 2016, 01:00:39 PM

Yeah I know.  I wasn't blaming Tesla so much as the govt for fostering the situation.  This is exactly the kind of thing that a decent govt would be preventing.     

You would think a place like Detroit would be giving land away for such projects. Not the hope and change they were counting on I guess

LaOtto70Charger

Typical land prices are pretty cheap in Detroit as is.  Bigger question would be if Michigan could have afforded to cut as big of a tax break/kick back as other states.  That is assuming they were even asked considering they are in the snow belt. 

funknut

ws23rt

What I wonder about is --will this new plant provide lasting jobs?  

Will we end up with acres of cars that no one buys while we wait for the electric grid to adapt?

Building the plant is one thing.---construction jobs--How will it affect the -current- issue about the evil carbon part of our world?

Ethanol plants have also created "construction" jobs.  --The only reason they function is because of the tax dollars added to the recipe. :lol:  Many don't function at all. :shruggy:

When the latest and greatest thing comes along to help reduce the big nasty---carbon-- the blinders go on about the price that is to be paid.

As for the ethanol plants--the cost of -increased-- C02 to make ethanol is generally ignored.  The fingers in the ears and chanting La La La happens.

Electric cars is a great idea.  Making it happen for the main reason ----to kill the big nasty carbon---is a very long dirty haul.

Mike DC

Tesla has succeeded in making their cars hip enough to move plenty so far.  We'll see.