News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Compression ratio for 440 rebuild, advice wanted

Started by C500, July 29, 2016, 04:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 26, 2016, 11:46:04 AM
Quote from: C500 on August 24, 2016, 04:16:20 PM
Quote from: 68CoronetRT on August 24, 2016, 09:01:42 AM
If you do the Stealths, please please please replace the springs/locks/retainers before running them. I did the locks/retainers before install and then broke a spring less than 2,000 miles later.

I have 10° comp cams retainers and locks, didn't know the springs should be replaced too  :o I bought a set of comp cams 911 springs that I was going to use on the 906 heads... assuming these springs will also be a good choice with the stealth heads  :shruggy: https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/cca-911-16
Thanks 68coronetRT

Sure, the Comp 911's will work fine on the Stealth heads with the 10* retainers/locks. The Comp springs are superior to the stock "Stealth" valvesprings so if you have them you might as well install them  ;)

Those 911's are fine with the Crower 271 cam....no worries there  :2thumbs:

Ron

:2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."